Proffessional paying taxes more than one head for remunerations recd?

Dr.Jyothish Vijay (Dr) (214 Points)

22 November 2018  

I am a doctor. I receive proffessional fees from my employer and I pay taxes for it under section 44ADA.

Now few pharma companies gets certain work done by me-like conducting clinical tirals, data collection work, taking CME classes for them (which usually involves a topic projecting one of the molecule produced the company)etc etc. I receive money from them for this work. While doing so I don't indulge in the usual "treating patient" job of a doctor. But indeed they are giving me this job only because i am doctor-its just that the job that i do for them do not involve what is generally considered that a doctor would do!

Now my questions is-is it possible that I pay taxes for these remunerations under a head different from 44 ADA

Illustration:

I receive rs.49 lakh a year from my principle employer ..i pay tax under 44 ADA

I receive rs.3 lakh a year from these pharma companies....can i pay taxes for ths amount under any head other than 44 ADA

(these pharma companies give me money under secton 194J)

PS: I know 44 ADA uses the word 'gross total receipts" and all. I know about the rs.50 lakh limit rule for 44 ADA. I know the straightforward option is to pay taxes for pharma remuneration under 44 ADA. I am looking for a legal loophole (if any)so that i may pay taxes for rs.49 lakh under 44 ADA and for the remainder rs.3 lakh under some other section

I am sure , i know the experts in this field can see that if that rs.3 lakh is added to rs49 lakh, i can no longer use section 44 ADA. I am very clearly and desperately trying to find a method to come out of this legally?

(otherwise i have no option left but to forego the rs.3 lakh...ie to not accept it)

Kindly help