Professional Tax liability

Hello

I have a partnership firm wherein I am already paying profession tax as one of the partners. I am now starting a proprietorship. Do I need to pay the profession tax again spearately? As per my understanding I have aleady paid Profession tax for carrying out profession. 

Thanks

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether an individual needs to pay profession tax separately for a new sole proprietorship if they are already paying it as a partner in a firm. The consensus is that separate payment is not required, referencing Article 276 of the Indian Constitution which caps the annual profession tax.

No you should not required to pay p.tax seperately
No as per Article 276 of Constitution of india maximum 3000 p.a.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details