CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Professional tax

ThakurAnshdeepSingh (student)     08 May 2015

 3 likes  92 points

| My Other Post

Quick Question. Correct me if I'm wrong. Professional tax limit is 2500 and it can be claimed in the year of payment. Right?What if someone pays 1000 for year 1 and 3000 for year 2 both in same year. How much deduction will he get?


Poornima Madhava (ACMA)     09 May 2015

Poornima Madhava
 513 likes  5579 points

View Profile | My Other Post

I think under ITA, PT can be claimed without any limit to the extent it is paid to the Govt during the particular year

AMAR KRISHNA (OFFICER)     10 May 2015

 25 points

View Profile | My Other Post

dear sir, please clarify the date from when does the period of 180 days, under sec 54EC, start for investing in govt securities in reference to long term capital gains - is it from the date of agreenmnt to sale and receipt of token amount or from the day of regisistration of the sale of the property, which may be later, on receipt of the whole amount of payment.

thank you

amar krishna


Jishnu Surendran (Finance Manager)     17 May 2015

Jishnu Surendran
Finance Manager 
 11 likes  312 points

View Profile | My Other Post

if you are an assessee having income under the head cannot defer the expenditure as in the next year it will become a 'prior period item'

and let me tell you...the limit of rs. 2500 is stipulated by the Constitution of India ( Article 276 (2) ) and the government cannot levy any amount about the limit unless the amend the article.....

for salaried assessees it should be actually paid in the if you have paid 2500 for the cannot defer a part of it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x