ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Procedure for Articleship completion

DAVID RAJKUMAR (FINANCE EXECUTIVE) (34 Points)

29 January 2011  

hi any body tell me the procedure for articleship completion... I am completing my articles in feb and since exam forms will be issued in feb, is it enough for me to file only form 108 or form 119 also required since in exam form it will be asked to submit articleship completion certificate... pls clarify my doubt.....

7 Replies

ANIRBAN DAS (CMA, B.Com, CA Final,) (1522 Points)
Replied 29 January 2011

AS FAR AS I KNOW BOTH FORMS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED!

(Guest)

write articleship completion  AWAITIED  in the exam form , attach letter endorse by u r princiapal  that u had completed u r artichship  and the form no 108 had been submited however till date you had not received the completion certificate

the letter  should have the sign and stamp of u prinicipal .. beaware of that

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)   (672 Points)
Replied 30 January 2011

You use form 119 to request your Principal to issue Service Certificate in event of Completion of articles, which is form 108. Form 108 is the proof of your completion, as it has the Principal's sign.. Form 119 is just an application and serves as no proof whatsoever for the purpose of completion. Form 108 is the articleship completion certificate.

Form 108 is enough unless otherwise your Principal insists on thorough paper-work, though form 108 suffices.

In general one would fill form 119 if there is any issue to obtain form 108 signed by the Principal. In that case, the articled assistant would send form 119 vide registered acknowledgement and a copy is sent to The Secretary, ICAI, Delhi. The Institute will send a letter to the Principal and if the Principal fails to respond within 3 months of completion + 15 days, it will be deemed that the details supplied by the articled assistant is correct and the date mentioned hy him/ her is correct.

If your articleship ends before February 28 (last date for exam form submission), fill and send form 108 first, then select the options which say your eligibility is based on: articleship completed else, select the provisional basis.

1 Like

Priyanka (CA Final Student) (73 Points)
Replied 15 January 2012

My articleship is completed and I want to send form 108 to the Institute Office. Please tell me the address for sending form. I m from Western Region. Whether it is to be sent to Mumbai or Delhi?

Aliasgar Poonawala (CA) (180 Points)
Replied 16 January 2012

In this case you can directly submit it at the institute office. If you stay at a place from where it is inconvenient for you to go, I think the Mumbai branch is where you should send it to. Still, clarify all your doubts by calling the Mumbai branch at 022-39893989.

1 Like

nidhi (ca) (24 Points)
Replied 16 August 2014

hi......i any body tell me the procedure for articleship completion... I am completing my articles in 27 aug 2014 and since exam forms is issued by 12aug 2014, is it enough for me to file only form 108 or form 119 also required since in exam form it will be asked to submit articleship completion certificate... pls clarify my doubt.....

manohar singh (Student CA Final ) (25 Points)
Replied 21 August 2015

form 108 

form 119 

and 

covering letter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register