Previous years demand

Dear Sir,

I have filed Ay2009-2010 and 2010-2011 returns online. I have received intimation U/s 143 for ay 2010-2011. In this the refund payable has been adjusted against demand of 2009-2010.

I never received any demand or any other notification from cpc or local IT office till date for 2009-2010.  The U/s 143 notification of 2010-2011, mentions about DIN 2011201010050846364T date of order 16-06-2011 for Ay 2010, AO: DAO-E-RETURN SALARY WARD MUMBAI against which the refund has ben adjusted. I never received this demand.

I have no clue about what is this. When checking on efiling website for 2009-10, it says that return has been transferred to jurisdiction assessing officer.

My question is:

1. How do i get hold of previous years demand note. CPC helpline is of no help.

2. I dont know if there is any more outstanding demand of previous year against my PAN. How to check this.

Needless to say, I have also changed my address and cities couple of time in last few years. So it makes it all the more complicated. I thought efiling was to make refund processing faster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Virender

 

Replies (1)

If you have a filed ITR return with you for the Ay 2009-2010, verify whether you have filled all the sheets of the ITR correctly with any mistake, verify whether the TDS which was claimed by you have been correctly provided in the Form 26AS, and the tax of last year even if payable by you can't be adjusted against the refund of AY 2010-11 with out giving the Demand notice to you.

so if you are very sure that you have every evidence that you are not required to pay any tax for the AY 2009-10 approach your 'AO', if he is not satisfied with you and still continued with the above said assessment, then go for Appeal with commissioner appeals.

byeeeeeeeeee

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details