Easy Office

Please support the PEII students -Share your opinions

Page no : 5

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

Dear Jeeth,

very well framed mails and thanks for sharing..... I like the way u recomended following proposal

Considering the work experience (in a CA firm) during PE-II in reducing the articles

period of PCC / IPCC?

Look, this type of waiver is given to cost accountant students and many of my friends have taken benefit by giving experience certificate from accounts department of a firm and submitted to institute. And they enjoy full waiver for time they have done JOB/Training.

I think we should not demand more attempt, as they will again manipulate the result. We should go for this statement (in blue colour)... rest what majority think fit i am with that

vaibhav (student) (131 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

You are absulately right...i have 2.5 years of experiance at list i get 1.5 YEARS WAVER.

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

ya vaibhav..... this we should ask from institute to give us that much help, so that we have a lill bit help from the istitute, warna we will have CA course for 7 yrs...

Ek baat to hai... agar CA institute ney result manipulate na kiye hotey to aaj ye din na dekhna padta

ashish (pursuing pgdm & ca) (62 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

lots of discussion guys.We dnt hav tat much time left in our hand.By july end,probably results will be declared and again ICAI will demand for two days extension to TAMPER the marks.Some of you are sayin to talk wid ICAI members.Frenz its of no use talkin wid them coz they all r same.Like as JEETH sent mail to the ICAI,bt no concrete rply have been recvd by them.

One thing more why we are putting emphasis on articleship tenure(as per the mails sent by few of you).upto my understanding the reason behind putting so much thread started becuse of low passing rate of PE II students compare to PCC/IPCC.I recall once again 1% for PE II and 15-16 % for PCC/IPCC.So untill and unless the passing rate will not increase, tampering with the marks will not be stopped, its ALL d SAME frenz.They will never accept our opinions which we are giving to them about reducing d tenure of articleship.So plzzz plzzz frenz dnt deviate from the main theme..we are nt here to give them opinion.

As per the previous thread some of you suggested to take ds issue and raise voice wid the help of MEDIA.i guess this can be a good option.MEdia people are powerful and they can help us. If anybody has any kinda touch wid media people plzzzz plzz try 2 brng d matter in an open forum.

As far as caclubindia members are concerned,people like MR. ANKUR GARG are in full support wid us.So i urge  people like Mr. garg and other members of clubindia to suggest any other steps as per their understanding.Sir, we want people like you to help us.

Cheers

Ashish Maheshwari

Rajan Gupta (C.A. final student) (277 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

collect at least 50 students and approach ICAI in person.... only this move can help . no need to approach TV and media ... it won't help at all. I and my friends gave a written representation to Talati (then prsident) in person but nothing happened .... But I think amarjeet chopra will do something .. send me a Pvt message and I can give u more details of the person who is actively engaged on such issue ... Definitely injustice has been done to PE-2 students by the ICAI.

Pranjal (Student CA IPC / IPCC) (531 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

Sorry for replying late.Nice to see a professional like Mr.Ankur Garg is voicing for us.Regarding how to do & how to do I think we should prepare a mail much like d one Debojit sent to ICAI.If u would read mail you would see our grivence r being backed by facts which is vry crucial to make our point.As all d affairs r centralised I've said earlier also that PE II students from Delhi or adjoining areas would b best persons to approach d president or Chairman,BOS.In this effort if we get d guidance or support of a CA who has access to d top brass or who is into teaching would make our case more stronger.We can even discuss with him if it'll b proper to involve d media here.

Replied 01 June 2010

I would like to add one more thing here.Will it b possible to get d support of a CA from caclubindia?.Here also many CAs r regular contributors of articles or r involved as experts.If anyone of u know of any such CA here who also happens to ve access to d top brass kindly request to follow this discussion

neeraj (Assistant accounts manager)   (68 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

MANY STUDENT OF PE2 ARE FROM OLD INTERMEDIATE COURSE AND ALSO COMPLETED THEIR ARTICLESHIP. INSTITUE SHOULD NOTE THAT MANY STUDENTS ARE WORKING FOR THIR BREAD AND BUTTER.STILL THEY ARE MANAGING TO APPEAR FOR EXAM.

I REQUEST THE INSTITUE TO CONSIDER THE PROBLEM OF THE THOSE WORKING STUDENTS.

PLS.DO NOT MAKE IT COMPULSORY FOR THEM TO 100 HRS IT TRAINING ETC. IF THEY HAVE TO SWICH TO IPCC, MAKE THEM TO APPEAR WITHOUT ANY EXTRA FEES AND OTHER FORMALITY.

Jeeth Kochar (AUDIT EXECUTIVE) (92 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

HOLD ON ……HOLD ON…FRIENDS,

I see that the expectation of some students is extension of number of attempts. In what ways will this serve & help all ?? just think a momemt..???. Ok lets consider that the Institute extends the number of attempt from 1 to 2, how many will pass in that??? May be from 1 to 5 % of the students. Then what will happen for the other students??? Then again back to same old story…right?. They will have to convert to the IPCC or the other scheme which will persist at that time. What’s the purpose converting latter? At this point of time every PE-2 students (not completed) and his/her family members are a victim.

Hence our expectation or demand from the Institute should be favorable to all PE-2 students. It should serve all.

So lets drop the expectation of extending the attempts and expect to convert to IPCC with the following COMPENSATION:

1. FULL WAIVER OF CONVERSION FEE TO IPCC.

2. CONSIDERING AT-LEAST A PART OF SO LONG WORK EXPERIENCE (IN AUDIT FIRMS) IN REDUCTION OF ARTICLES PERIOD.

ELSE,

3. TO COMMENCE ARTICLES PERIOD IMMEDIATELY ON CONVERSION TO IPCC. (THIS WE MAY KEEP FORWARD – BECAUSE A SET OF STUDENTS (PCC) ENJOYING THIS FACILITY, HENCE NOTHING WRONG TO GET A COMPENSATION LIKE THIS- WE ARE SUFFERED & SUFFERING)

OR

4. RE-OPEN THE PCC SCHEME AND ALLOW PE-2 STUDENTS ALONE TO SHIFT TO IT AS THE ATTEMPTS OF PCC ARE TILL 2012. (with the waiver of conversion fee)

AND

5. AN ASSURANCE THAT THEY WONT KEEP CHANGING THE SCHEMES LIKE THIS. (as we cant say anything as the schemes are subject to change often, based on the last 5 to 7 years trend)

Friends, these are suggestions, if u have any thing pls add it to the list.

Jeeth

Subhendu S Sanyal (B.Com(C.S.),CA FINAL ) (664 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

This is no less than a revolution...

Debojit (Student CA Final) (308 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

Superb Guys, This is just the sort of support we needed....

Where were all of u for such a long time....

Anyways, Coming back to the point. I would firstly like to thank Ankur Sir for Coming forward & extending his support. Pranjal is absolutely right when she says that we needed the motivation & support of established CAs to bring forward our point. Also, now we need to decide our plan of action to be able to convince the Institute on this matter. Also, I would like to tell all my fellow students that we, in no way intend to tarnish the image of the Institute. We just want to be treated fairly so that we don't feel cheated.

I hope all of u will understand this & support us....

Replied 01 June 2010

I thk Jeet has a point.Because extention of attemtps haven't favoured d PE II students much as we've seen till now.Even if d institute allows d PE II students to so convert to PCC or IPCC,still d million dollar question remains-how soon will u clear?,wht will happen if d institute tries to control d number of students going to d final course and increase d pass % of finals instead.Can we trust d institute.It may sound quite negative thinking but I would say doing CA only shouldn't b d ultimate goal of our life.It should b understood tht nobody is going to judge u from d fact wheater or not u ve become a CA.Before CA students we r somebody's son,daughter,elder brother,we've responsibilities towards them.The grulling phase till now has made all of us more than good for other course where success is certain.Shouldn't we think of alternative careers?

vaibhav (student) (131 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

This are numbers of CA Students Association. So you can Start now.
Chief Co-ordinators:
1.      CA Rakesh Lahoti – Chairman, WICASA – Ahmedabad & RCM   09227540053
2.      CA Dhiraj Khandelwal – Chairman, WICASA – WIRC 09322516004
3.      CA Raju C. Shah – Secretary, WIRC & RCM  09824436342
4.     CA Sanjay  D. Shah – Chairman, Ahmedabad Branch   09824033001

Co-ordinators:
1.     Mr. Fenil Shah, Vice Chairman – WICASA Ahmedabad  093772 98361
2.    Mr. Hardik Soni, Secretary – WICASA Ahmedabad  09879884397
3.    Ms. Vishva Shah, Treasurer – WICASA Ahmedabad 09377479667

Sub Committee Chairman:
1.    Registration Committee – Mr. Nisarg Shah 09879990212
2.     Cultural Committee – Mr. Tarun Masani 09898522734

ashish (pursuing pgdm & ca) (62 Points)
Replied 01 June 2010

Hmmmm...I am forced to do MBA because i cudnt gt thru in CA.Although i have completed 1st year of  MBA but still i m continuing with CA.The reason behind this is i dnt want to give up and....and looking at the present scenario of the economy,being a CA or CS one can gt a job with a decent package.Bt with MBA or CFA or FRM like degrees it's not tat easy to gt a job.But if anyone is looking forward 2 do something along with CA its absolutely perfect.

So i would suggest try 2 do something else along with  CA.Its a degree which can bring in a lott of opportunities.......If its gt combine wid any odr financial course.

Cheers

Ashish Maheshwari

Replied 02 June 2010

Thanks to Vaibav for posting d details of CA student association office bearers.If possible do post their email ids.If anyone of them a member of caclubindia,let me follow this discussion.At present we need those associated with students' associations & atleast one CA who could guide us.Remember how d whole CAs comes together to drop any proposal in d Finance Act which is detrimental to those in practice,we r just trying to follow them.I would request Debojit to post here d paper which could present our case strongly.Debojit can modify his mail to ICAI if he thinks more stronge points can b added.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro