Share on Email

Share More

PF Liability

Anil Kumar Agarwala (CA)     03 January 2008

Anil Kumar Agarwala
CA 
 1 likes  65 points

| My Other Post

What is the liability for PF if labourers are engaged on contractual and/or casual basis? Are there any other labour law requirements?

avater

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )     04 January 2008

CA. Amit Daga
Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM.  
 416 likes  8997 points

View Profile | My Other Post

The term casual labour means the temporary labour employed to execute jobs of temporary nature or permanent nature jobs where the requisition is purely temporary. The difference between contract and casual worker is that the contract worker is working under a contract where in case of casual worker there is no contract and works on the basis of no work no pay. In terms of law, there is no distinction and a casual employee becomes eligible if he/she fulfills the creteria, hence the employee is eligible for ESI, PF, Bonus, Minimum Wages, Annual Leave with Wages, Leave encashment etc. The only limit is that the eligiblity to claim permanent employment under the ID Act, must be looked into. One more precaution we have to take is that if a casual labour completes 240 days of continuous work (here days worked, weekly offs, holidays and paid leaves are counted for the purpose of arriving at the figure of 240 days), then casual labour has to be regularized. Thanks & Regards Amit Daga

avater

Anil Kumar Agarwala (CA)     04 January 2008

Anil Kumar Agarwala
CA 
 1 likes  65 points

Thanks Amit

(Guest)

hi, thanks

avater

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )     18 January 2008

CA. Amit Daga
Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM.  
 416 likes  8997 points

Its ok aniljee..by the way can i know abt u

avater

Irshad (Article)     23 January 2008

Irshad
Article 
 1 likes  1426 points

Thanks Amit,I really found it helpful...

avater

Jatin Bhardwaj (CA Job)     31 January 2008

Jatin Bhardwaj
CA Job 
 1 likes  31 points

Amit what criteria do a casual laborer need to fulfill to become eligible for ESI, PF, Bonus, Minimum Wages, Annual Leave with Wages, Leave encashment etc.apart from that 240 days condition. plz. enlighten me.

(Guest)

SIR, I HAVE A DOUBT. A SMALL CONCERN HAVE 15 EMPLOYEES. ANY ESI, PF LIABILITY IN THIS CONCERN?. AND ALSO CONFIRM WHAT IS MINIUM EMPLOYEES WORK IN A CONCERN TO INVOLVE PF AND ESI

avater

pushpendra (Director- FinMAT Consultants)     16 February 2008

pushpendra
Director- FinMAT Consultants 
 11 likes  1698 points

20 without use of power or 10 with use of power

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register