Mega Offer Avail 65% Off in CA IPCC and 50% Off in all CA CS CMA subjects.Coupon- IPCEXAM65 & EXAM50. Call: 088803-20003

CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Penalty provision

soumya d prabhu (ernakulam)     24 October 2019

soumya d prabhu
ernakulam 
 1 likes  73 points

| My Other Post
can anyone tell me the difference between section 271AA(2) and Section 271GB(4)
Kapadia Pravin

Kapadia Pravin   25 October 2019

Kapadia Pravin

1094 likes  17184 points

View Profile | My Other Post
Under 271AA(2)
If any person fails to furnish the information and the document as required under sub-section (4) of section 92D, the prescribed income-tax authority referred to in the said sub-section may direct that such person shall pay, by way of penalty, a sum of 5 lakh.

Under 271GB(4)
Where a reporting entity referred to in section 286 provides inaccurate information in the report furnished in accordance with sub-section (2) of the said section and where—

(a) the entity has knowledge of the inaccuracy at the time of furnishing the report but fails to inform the prescribed authority; or

(b) the entity discovers the inaccuracy after the report is furnished and fails to inform the prescribed authority and furnish correct report within a period of fifteen days of such discovery; or

(c) the entity furnishes inaccurate information or document in response to the notice issued under sub-section (6) of section 286,

then, the prescribed authority may direct that such person shall pay, by way of penalty, a sum of 5 lakhs.
soumya d prabhu

soumya d prabhu (ernakulam)     25 October 2019

soumya d prabhu
ernakulam 
 1 likes  73 points

My query is both are applicable to constituent entity and is that the duplication of penalty?
Kapadia Pravin

Kapadia Pravin   25 October 2019

Kapadia Pravin

1094 likes  17184 points

Both sections are different and there is no duplication of penalty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register