pe-II vs. pcc

lohit (CA final) (132 Points)

03 September 2008  

I HAVE DONE MY FOUNDATION AND  I HAVE CLEARED MY PE II  AND RITE NOW AM DOING MY CA FINAL.

I still dont understand why icai has introduced the cpt in place of foundation it is almost like relaxing the intensity of the CA course.with a foundation(pe-I)  background a student is on par with a commerce graduate infact he can be rated above a commerce graduate in some matters. but cpt is like trial and error i kno0w some of the students who were confident of not qualifying the exam but stilll managed to clear cpt. 

and coming to pcc i still feel the subjects i studied in pe 1 are brought down to ca inter itz such a relief bcoz there r 6 or 7 chapters if am not mistaken in accounts which were in pe1 are now in pcc.(which were very easy chapters tht too)

income tax many of the theory chapters which are very important from articles point of view have been deleted fr0om pcc portion.pcc students need not study all the accounting standards which gave me sleepless nites in PE II.(there r only 18 standards for pcc students)

business communication was a subject in foundation which is again brought down to pcc.same in case of organisation and management .......an important chapter like activity based costing from costing has been deleted for pcc.................even information technology has been minimized

and coming to examination dates .am totally against with the proposal of alternate days exams its such a gr8 relief.CA Is all about hard work and let the  students work hard to achive it . i hope the icai maintains a great standard in whatever it undertakes.it may hurt some of the students but it is fact nd u need to digest this.