Pay rent to my mother to claim HRA

Ravi Ranjan (1 Points)

22 September 2022  

The land of my house is in the name of my grandfather (90 yr old) & grandmother (85yr). I along with my mother resides in the same place. Can I pay rent to my mother's bank account as she manages and takes care of the house even though she does not own the land? I am asking this query in the context of claiming HRA exemption. Please suggest.