PAN No problem for online reg

Friends,

 

I am trying to register a client online but his PAN is not getting registered. The message that comes is 'Mid-name does not match with our records'. PAN No & name is as per his PAN Card.

If I try to reset password for his PAN, the message appears : 'PAN does not exist'

I think I should visit Income-tax office to get his PAN verified. His return was filed manually till last year but this year he has tax audit so e-filing is mandatory.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

N Konkar

 

Replies (9)

Hi, Nandakumar

can u tell me PAN nO.  I M ALSO ONLINE, THERE MAY BE PROBLEM, I WILL TRY TO REGISTER IT, IF IT DOES NOT THEN YOU CAN SEND AN EMAIL TO INCOME TAX DEPTT. AT   ask @ incometaxindia.gov.in .

 

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/knowpan.do

u can knw the details of his pan card at this link by using his last name and date of birth....

You can use the option of "Pay Your taxes online" on the income tax website.Fill in correct PAN number and dummy details for challan no 280 and then it shows the name of the person as per income -tax database with that pan no...You will get the assessee's name as per income tax database...Many times name  as per it databse and pan no do not match..I have faced this problem and tried this method..If you have any problems give me the pan no shall help you out

Get the name confirmed by trying to pay I.tax on line. In the said process the name is confirmed. The system will show you the way it appears in IT records. This is done well before the payment is made. This is the safest / easiest method to know the name as it appears in the IT records. After knowing the name (with spelling etc) try to register using the same.

Hey friend u can also talk directly to ASK(Aykar Sampark Kendra) at Pune on (0124)2438000

They will solve your problem on telephone or will suggest you further..

Dear Friends,

 

I have gone to e-payment of taxes page in 'tin-ndsl' website & got my clients name as per IT records confirmed.

This has enabled me to get him registered with IT dept.

My problem is solved, thanks to your fast responses.

Thanks a lot again!!

CA N Konkar

Agree with Milap...Call ASK..

Originally posted by : purva.mirji

You can use the option of "Pay Your taxes online" on the income tax website.Fill in correct PAN number and dummy details for challan no 280 and then it shows the name of the person as per income -tax database with that pan no...You will get the assessee's name as per income tax database...Many times name  as per it databse and pan no do not match..I have faced this problem and tried this method..If you have any problems give me the pan no shall help you out

 Hi nandakumar,

THE ABOVE IS THE BEST REPLY.I AGREE WITH HIM.

My PAN does not exist in data base . what should i do. pl give the  guidence.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details