PAN assessee code

CA Dushyant Maharishi (CA) (178 Points)

06 March 2008  
What should I do if I don't find the Pan based assessee code in the Servicetax site? What is the procedure for obtaining the PAN based assessee code? and also can I fill the ST challan TR-6 or is it necessary to fill the GAR-7 challan for payment of ST?Another que. is that if the Bank does not accept the challan however by showing the circular from the S.T. dept. that allotment of new assessee code letter?