Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PAN assessee code

CA Dushyant Maharishi (CA) (178 Points)

06 March 2008  
What should I do if I don't find the Pan based assessee code in the Servicetax site? What is the procedure for obtaining the PAN based assessee code? and also can I fill the ST challan TR-6 or is it necessary to fill the GAR-7 challan for payment of ST?Another que. is that if the Bank does not accept the challan however by showing the circular from the S.T. dept. that allotment of new assessee code letter? 

97 Replies

M.Sriram Shenoy (CA Final) (814 Points)
Replied 06 March 2008

You have to make an application for registration for Service Tax Code(STC) in Form ST-1.One of the required documents for registration is your PAN number.If you dont have PAN,then no service tax code, unless you have applied for PAN.

You will be registered and allotted the service tax code within seven days from the date of making application.If you dont get any such confirmation within seven days of applying, the it is deemed that you are registered under the act.

STC is a 15 digit alpha-numeric code, of which first 10 is your PAN number, next 2 service tax code and the last 3, number of registrations that you have against the same STC.

The answer for your 2nd question is GAR-7.TR-6 was the older version of forms in which you have to pay service tax.

As regards your 3rd question, All Banks will not accept service tax.Banks which are registered and approved for such purposes will only carry out this job.Even if you present service tax amount to a Bank which is not approved for this, they themselves will reject and will not accept the service tax amount from you.
(Guest)
hi..if u know assessee PAN number you can find his service tax registration number here....https://sermon.nic.in/sermon/pan_search.html
(Guest)
PLEASE GET OUR SERVICE TAX ASSESSEE CODE OUR PAN NO. IS AACCP0591J IN JAIPUR
(Guest)

I am interest

in this

(Guest)
we want to know that our assessee code in service tax.
(Guest)

df

(Guest)

,lv;dkmslvmlsdmv

S. Banerjee (Practising Cost Accountant. Core area- Central Excise. Service Tax Costing system installation including maintenance of Cost Records and Cost Audit and Management Audit mainly Revenue leakages Audit)   (622 Points)
Replied 01 April 2008

M/s. Associate (I) (P) Ltd., Your STC No. Will be AACCP05913ST001, Thank you and welcome, S. Banerjee
(Guest)

PLEASE GET OUR SERVICE TAX ASSESSEE CODE OUR PAN NO. IS 1) AAGCS3420D

2) AACCV0310M

(Guest)

What should I do if I don't find the Pan based assessee code in the Servicetax site? What is the procedure for obtaining the PAN based assessee code? and also can I fill the SERVICE TAX challan TR-6 or is it necessary to fill the GAR-7 challan for payment of ST?

S MAKINDER (consultant) (20 Points)
Replied 08 April 2008

SNO Assessee Belongs To Registration No Assessee Name & Address Date Of Registration Location Code Commissionerate Name Division Name Assessee Other Details
1 Service Tax AACCV0310MST001 Name : VERSATILE ENGG SERVICES PVT LTD
Address : NEW DIAMOND TRADE CENTRE INDORE CITY
District: INDORE
PinCode: 452002
18-MAR-2005 270600 INDORE INDORE-I  

ple see the above details if it is correct then follow the stc code

thanking you

with regards

s mahendrakumar

(Guest)
PLEASE GET OUR SERVICE TAX ASSESEE CODE MY PAN NO IS ABFPY3008C AND I AM APPLYING TO ANNEXURE II FOR ALLOTING TO STC NO. DATED 22-12-2005 IN GURGAON
(Guest)
PLEASE GET OUR SERVICE TAX ASSESSEE CODE NO. MY PAN NO. IS ATRPS4888G. I AM SUBMITING THE ANNEXURE II FOR ALLOTING TO STC NO. DATED 24-10-2005. BUT NOT RECEIVE YET AND NOT PRESENT THE CODE IN NSDL ASSESSEE SERCHING SITE . GET THE ASSESSEE CODE FOR DEPOSITED THE CHALLAN
(Guest)
PLEASE GET OUR SERVICE TAX ASSESSEE CODE NO. MY PAN NO. IS ATRPS4888G. I AM SUBMITING THE ANNEXURE II FOR ALLOTING TO STC NO. DATED 24-10-2005. BUT NOT RECEIVE YET AND NOT PRESENT THE CODE IN NSDL ASSESSEE SERCHING SITE . GET THE ASSESSEE CODE FOR DEPOSITED THE CHALLAN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register