Easy Office
LCI Learning

Offset liability error

Page no : 4

Vijay amalraj (Tax consultant & Advocate)   (33 Points)
Replied 07 September 2017

Problem related to Offset liablity and error message with CGST not maching with liablity is existing last 10days but no one is there to address this issue even in GST helpline. Positively we have receved feedback from the department side that if the dues are paid and subsequently showing in cash ledger then we can go ahead with filing GSTR1. probably it may resolve before 10th of Sep'17.

Pushparaj Shetty (Director) (27 Points)
Replied 07 September 2017

Hi All,

Even I am facing the same 'Offset Liability' issue in GSTR3B. On 5th sept, I emailed the issue along with the screen shot(jpg format) of the same to helpdesk @ gst.gov.in as well as contact.gstcouncil @ gov.in. Today I called the GST helpline (01204888999) & checked for the feedback regarding my complaint. The executive informed that I need to attach the screen shot in word doc format since they arent able to open up the jpg format. She provided the complaint no & requested me to resend the email to helpdesk id along with the word doc attachment. She also specifically mentioned to jot down the complaint no on the 'Subject' line. I have done the same. 

Then I specifically asked her incase the issue of GSTR3B is not resolved before 10th sept, can we submit GSTR1 for which the due date is 10th sept? She consulted with her senior & reverted back specifying that we can do that provided we put the details correctly. I guess this information is correct. If no, then please reply.

I suggest you all, whoever is facing this issue write an email to heldesk @ gst.gov.in & contact.gstcouncil @ gov.in with screen shot of the issue which you are facing as a word doc attachment. Likewise, call the GST helpline & inform them about the same. Hope this may help you..

regards,

Pushparaj Shetty

1 Like

kannan (ACCOUNTS MANAGER) (34 Points)
Replied 25 December 2018

Declare interest payable on tax liabilities on supplies attracting reverse charge as well as other than reverse charge while offsetting liability of gstr 3b

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: