List of Institute’s Publications – Nov. 2009 Examinations
Professional Education Examination – II
Paper 2: Auditing
The following List of Institute’s Publications is relevant for the forthcoming Nov.2009 examination. Students may kindly take it into consideration while preparing for the examinations.
The following list contains the details of the Standards on Auditing (SAs). For the purposes of November, 2009 examinations the students are advised to refer to the Standards on Auditing (SA).
The details of the Standards on Auditing (SAs) with full text are being hosted for the guidance of the students.
I. Statements and Standards
1. Framework of Statements on Standard Auditing Practices and Guidance Notes on Related Services.
2. Standards on Auditing as given below:
S.No. Standards on Auditing and Number
1. Basic Principles Governing an Audit (SA 200)*
2. Objectives and Scope of the Audit of Financial Statements (SA 200A)*
3. Terms of Audit Engagement (SA 210)
4. Quality Control for Audit Work (SA 220)
5. Audit Documentation (230) (Revised)
6. The Auditor’s Responsibility to Consider Fraud and Error in an Audit of Financial Statements (SA 240)(Revised)
7. Consideration of Laws and Regulations in an Audit of Financial Statements (SA 250)(Revised)
8. Communication of Audit Matters with Those Charged with Governance (SA 260)(Revised)
9. Responsibility of Joint Auditors (SA 299)
10. Planning an Audit of Financial Statements (300)
11. Identifying and Assessing the Risk of Material Misstatement Through Understanding the Entity and its Environment (SA 315)(Newly issued)**
12. Audit Materiality (SA 320)
13. The Auditor’s Responses to Assessed Risks (SA 330)(Newly issued)**
14. Audit Considerations Relating to Entities Using Service Organisations (SA 402)
15. Audit Evidence (SA 500)
16. External Confirmations (SA 505)
17. Initial Engagements – Opening Balances (SA 510)(Revised)
18. Analytical Procedures (SA 520)
19. Audit Sampling (SA 530)(Revised)
20. Auditing of Accounting Estimates, Including Fair Value Accounting Estimates and Related Disclosures (SA 540)(Revised)
21. Related Parties (SA 550)(Revised)
22. Subsequent Events (SA 560)(Revised)
23. Going Concern (SA 570)(Revised)
24. Written Representations (SA 580)(Revised)
25. Using the Work of Another Auditor (SA 600)
26. Relying Upon the Work of an Internal Auditor (SA 610)
27. Using the Work of an Expert (SA 620)
28. The Auditor's Report on Financial Statements (SA 700)
29. Comparatives (SA 710)
* Presently, SA 200, “Basic Principles Governing an Audit” and SA 200A, “Objective and Scope of an Audit of Financial Statements” correspond to International Standard on Auditing (ISA) 200 (Revised and Redrafted). Both the SAs are currently being revised in the light of the ISA 200 (Revised and Redrafted). Post revision, the principles covered by SA 200 (erstwhile AAS 1) and SA 200A (erstwhile AAS 2) will be merged into one Standard, i.e. SA 200.)
** SA 315 & SA 330 – become effective in April, 2008. For November 2009 Final (Old) Examination 34 standards on Auditing as given in the Annexure – I. The Standard on Auditing (SA) 400, “Risk Assessments and Internal Control”, SA 310, “Knowledge of the Business”, and SA 401, “Auditing in a Computer Information Systems Environment”, issued in June 2002, April 2000 and January 2003, respectively, would stand withdrawn.
3. Statement on Reporting under Section 227(1A) of the Companies Act, 1956
4. Statement on the Companies (Auditor’s Report) Order, 2003 [2005 Edition].
II. Guidance Notes/Study Guide/Monograph
Guidance Notes on Auditing Aspects:
1. Guidance Note on Audit of Fixed Assets.
2. Guidance Note on Audit of Inventories.
3. Guidance Note on Audit of Debtors, Loans and Advances.
4. Guidance Note on Audit of Investments.
5. Guidance Note on Audit of Miscellaneous Expenditure.
6. Guidance Note on Audit of Cash and Bank Balances.
7. Guidance Note on Audit of Liabilities.
8. Guidance Note on Audit of Revenue.
9. Guidance Note on Audit of Expenses.