Non submission of revised Return

Hello,

1) I am a salaried person with only income from Salary. For Assessment year 2007-08 (FY 2006-07) I received TDS certificate from my employer for Rs. 54,000/- with Refund mentioned as 8000/- on 17-July 2007

2) I submitted my IT Return on 31-July 2007 based on TDS certificate.

3) In Sep-Oct 2007 my employer issued a revised TDS certificate, mentioning some concern in the calculation of my salary. In this TDS certificate Tax deduction was mentioned as 58000/- and refund applicable as 2000/-

4) I was not aware that I require to submit a revised IT Return also, and hence I did not.

5) Nor I received any refund from ITax deptt.

6) Recently my employer enquired about submission of revised Return.

7) There is no query raised till dae from ITax dept to me.

What is the provision that I can correct this. Can I submit this revised return now (I have submitted IT Return in 2008 also for Ass Yr 2008-09/Fin Yr 2007-08, and this has no issues).

What is the implication and process for late filing. To repeat myself I have no payable towards Income Tax dept, as TDS was deducted from my salary and no refund is paid to me by deptt till date.

 

Thanks in advance....

Replies (4)

Yes ....you can submit revised return before 31st March, 2009 i.e. One Year from the end of the relevant assessment year(Refer Section 139(5)).

 

However, your employer is not at all concerned with your return filing status. Its your personal liability.

Also, as you dont have any income tax payable, no interest/penalty will be payable by you with your revised return.

Thank you Mr. Vipul Garg,

 

Just two small quickies.

1) Which Form to use for Revised Return (for original return I used ITR-1, as I only have salary income)?

2) Can I submit Revised return to a Income Tax office other than where my original was submitted. This because I have shifted my location in between.

 

regards

Bipul

1) Use same form which you used in your Original Return coz there is no separate form for Revised Return....you will have to tick the check box of Revised return in same form.

2) I am not sure....but in my opinion you will have to submit it with the Original AO only.

 

>>Vipul Garg

plz tell me what is time limit for revised return of company or professional person

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details