Easy Office
LCI Learning

Need help with studies!!! urgent!!

Page no : 2

CA Mihir Kulkarni (Student) (666 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

Go for padhuka...VK is also good..I dun knw exactly where it lacks...But padhuka is too good for audit...Dont skip any damn page...Cover each n every thing...M sure it wont disappoint u...!

Anshul Vyas (Student) (118 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

Thanks Mihir. Your confidence is the only thing that is boosting me to go for Paduka for audit:)

Replied 23 January 2014

Yeah and just relax...! Give time well for each subject...Give one group at a time instead of both if it is getting heavier...but make sure u ll njoy ur studies nd give proper time to each subject...U r capable enough to hit da xam...Just calm down n focus...Empty ur mind..U ll be CA soon...:-)

Replied 23 January 2014

Thanks brother. Nice and motivating:) Where are u putting up Mihir? And can u suggest other subjects also how to go about?

Replied 23 January 2014

Your most welcome...M from Pune....frankly speaking not in position to suggest about odr subjects...m going for 2nd grup in june now...Nd I ll refer VG for DT, Bangar for IDT, Madan fr ISCA n Sanjay aggarwal fr AMA...! Nd about isca I dun agree wid da people who suggests module fr getting good marks..the things is dat if u cannot reproduce da language its not gonna work...Da language is very difficult to remeber...I think madan is best to njoy dis subject..in ipcc I had studied frm madan only..Lets see how it goes now...

inder modi (abc) (97 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

sir will it be possible to revise from bangar before exams as it is very lengthy...

CA Piyush Jhawar (Chartered Accountant) (545 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

@ Anshul Vyas

Yes Anshul It's totally managable.I think if we study for about lets say 13 hours every day then within a week a guarentee you that you will be able to cover it.I't's got two volumes one for all the normal chapters and one for the auditing standards.You could definitly cover that in a week no problems.

If you make a detailed stduy plan right now I think you can cover all the subjects in 2 months alloting about 7 days atleast to theory subjects and about 10 days each to practical.That's what I have done.Please do have a look at pdhuka for Audit.It's got a good question bank and thats what I like about that book.

Rest lets just work hard ....we will definitly sail through the may exams!

Replied 23 January 2014

@ Anshul Vyas

P.S- I Had a look at V.K.Agggarwal too.Don't go for it.It's the same as Surbhi Bansal (And i mean a ditto copy!) and has less coverage.Best to stick with Padhuka only.

Best of Luck!

Replied 23 January 2014

@ Piyush- Check out new edition of Padhuka. It has SA covered in 50 pages. I guess there is no need to refer the SA book now.

Replied 23 January 2014

@ Mihir I got that book mihir but those don't cover the SRS and SAE standards and different engagement letters.I got the edition released after the May 13 Exams which is the latest in the market.It just covers SA's till 705 or so...

Replied 23 January 2014

I guess the da book which has got nov 13 xam paper is latest n dat has included SAs...Just check it out

Replied 23 January 2014

thanks a lot Piyush. And thanks Mihir. I'll go and check the book in the market. I have no idea about Paduka audit for final. n I dunno y but it is a pain searching for it in Bangalore. But I'll search for it. So if there are 2 separate books I need to buy both right? Or main audit book covers SA s too?

Replied 23 January 2014

Hey u guys have any idea about the ammendments for may attempt? How many are there, without taking may n Nov13 aammendments in consideration.

Replied 23 January 2014

@ Inder sorry for late response Inder. Actually yes it is a little pain during revision. But for that what I had done was i had marked while I was studying n next revision I had used highlighter to mark the previously marked area trying to even make it shorter.n just tried going thru those. Plus if u can find latest Raj Kumar sir's charts, n if ur able to understand those then it's best for revision.
1 Like

Replied 23 January 2014

@ Mihir

Yups got dat same book.It does'nt cover the SA 800 series and SAE and SRS.But apart form that the book is great.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: