Need help calculating income tax by including negative incom

Hello all,

I need help filing ITR for a weird case.

I'm a salaried employee and my case is as described below.

Joined company A on March, 2013. Received joining bonus and allowances and paid tax for the same for FY2012-13.

Worked with company A for 3 months (April to June). Since I left the company within 6 months I need to repay joining bonus and allowances. But I've paid tax for them already in the previous financial year and now this money has been reduced from my salary in the form 16 given by A. 

As per the form 16 given by company A below are the details.

Tax deducted : 8328 (for the salary received between April to June around 104222.00)

Salary              : -65238 (104222 (salary) - 169460(bonus and allowances))

Worked with company B and below are the form 16 details.

Salary : 745604

Tax deducted : 74576

 

My query is : Is there a way I can claim back the lost tax I paid for bonus and allowances when working with company A?

Please help me on this regard and let me know if any more details are needed.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

Replies (2)

The tax paid earlier can not be reversed, and nothing can be done in 12-13.

 

As per the information provided by you, for the month of April to June,

In your Income tax return you can show your salry as on net basis (as reduced by the amount recovered by the employer), and take refund of TDS deducted by the employer.

just file your return on actual basis u can claim refund on same if your tax payable is less than what your TDS deducted... 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details