Need clarification on capital gain tax and TDS returns came from national highway authority in Karna

Hello all,

Recently I had a received composition amount of 1 crore from national highway authority after being my land was acquired by national highway authority in Karnataka state, NH 75 is being newly constructed in my village I had composition of rupees 1 crore vichai obtained from national highway authority I got to 19 lacs as 10% TDS had been deducted from my gained amount after consulting my auditor the auditor clearly specified and har ped ek percent capital gain tax on the year 2017 after obtaining my TDS form till date I have I haven't declare the TDS form in my income tax filing and had not obtained why TDS amount so far.

My question is is I am eligible to obtain the TDS amount which have been withdrawn from the next day with it on the year 2017 and is there any section which can be adopted to obtain the amount off the TDS. Also so is there anyway Tu to reclaim the capital gain amount is I am correct after my auditor's advice to pay the capital gain tax to the received amount I I having the land outside the vicinity of the city area and have been made karta in the village panchayat limit. It is far away from the district capital from 20 kilometres from mandya city and between srirangapatna which is town panchayat limit, also 10 kilometres away from the kindly clarify and help me to sort and get my TDS amount at the earliest.

Thanking you all Vijai kirthi...

Email id: kikirthi @ gmail.com.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
A landowner in Karnataka received a ₹1 crore compensation from the National Highway Authority for land acquisition, with 10% TDS deducted. The landowner has paid an estimated capital gains tax but has not yet claimed the TDS refund or filed the TDS form. They are seeking clarification on eligibility to claim the TDS amount and potential ways to reclaim capital gains tax, especially considering the land's location outside city limits.

As per your saying you have not claim your tds yet is it correct as few things are not clearer
can you clarify the first of 2nd paragraph

Many reply I would like to clarify my first  two paragraph...

1) I have already remitted my capital gain tax of rupees 8 lacs calculated by my auditor.

2) award amount was received and 2017 I haven't claim my TDS get the I received my TDS form..

Those are the two issues and I need clarification on the above kindly assist me.

Many thanks....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details