My TIPS TO PREPARE FOR EXAMS - CA & CS

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)

26 August 2009  

MY TIPS TO PREPARE FOR EXAMS

Comprehensive guide to preparation for CS, CA, CWA, B. Com exams

1.    Do it, Do it Right, Do it right now.

2.    Time is very precious during exams so don’t waste it at any cost. Better to start early and save time as much as possible.

3.    First reading should be through

4.    It’s a myth that Modules are not useful; if you read them it will be very helpful. Even ranker’s advice to refer the same. (See point no. 28)

5.    Don’t be depend on other persons for reference materials and Notes i.e. does not wait for long instead try to prepare notes yourselves.

6.    Take guidance from some experienced person for good reference books

7.    Never change your reference books in exam time, you should never refer anything new during exams

8.    Set your priorities for chapters and read important chapters first in that way you can better plan your studies. Thus if you could not cover 100% then left out chapters would be those which are less important.

9.    Never make a choice or leave any part of book untouched unless absolutely necessary.

10. Don’t be afraid of big size books they are very little to read.

11. Aim for the rank in that way you can at least pass

12. Don’t get confused by others opinions as no two fingers are same

13. Do whatever you want to but once you are at study table don’t think of anything else

14. Make you sit for study at the max as you can in a day in that way you make it your habit

15. Try to avoid reading together, ideally no more then 2 person should read together

16. You can take a break after completing every chapter (I did the same you choose your way to get refresh).

17. Don’t study while listening music

18. Never compare yourself with others otherwise more chances are that you may feel demotivated

19. If you are residing alone i.e. far from your family then don’t stay at your relatives home (my experience)

20. As we are Indians we can not forget our god so meditate and pray every morning

21. Keep 1st ranker mark sheet before your desk so that you can get motivation or set your targets

22. If you have Girl friend or fiancée let them know your study plans (funny but we can not take chances with our career)

23. Have good breakfast, eat enough in Lunch & take light Dinner

24. Never take tensions during exams

25. Wash your eyes with clean water after every hour

26. If possible keep your mobile away or on silent (I did do it as I am staying alone and that also far from home)

27. Internet is the best way to get all the info you need so use it for good

28. If you are also doing Job then you have to try hard to make you sit after hectic office hours. If you can manage well and good

29. Modules are most effective if you are preparing notes otherwise half of the contents will wipe out from your mind as it is very thick. Read only the notes never ever try to cover modules during exam as it would be time consuming

30. If any –ve thoughts are coming to your mind then think of your past achievements (I use to do the same); in that way you will get motivated. (I am sure it will work for you too)

Don’t hate any subject as I normally see many students have tendancy to avoid a particular subject which they don’t like. I ask them how far will you do it? One day you have to read that.