MY sad story of articleship......still

MAGESH.G (STUDENT) (195 Points)

26 November 2009  

Hello everyone, i m an articled trainee from an old n famous CA office.my story can be shown as a cinema.

i have completed 26 months of training(after CPT) and do u believe i have not even done a tax audit(Have done corporate audit - only 2 or 3 that too basic vouchin) i m always in some kind of bakwaas job.Dont feel bad i will tell u my whole story.
After completing my 12th, i joined dis firm(this frim is Auditor where my father works.-my father was a CS in dat co. , so easily i cud join dis reputed firm), but as still i was very young, icudnt adjust with the office climate/culture. i was very childish. so i was sent to a bank for some data entry job. i was very ignorant about the CA course. i was there for 10 months, after that i was sent to some payroll vouching of a co.(IT declarations/proofs vouchin) in a faraway place(outskirts of B'lore), then they sent me to an internal audit where most of the work was over, i was given vouching of some canteen bills. then i was sent to vat audi where i was told only 2 vouch purchases and sales, but i was not told anything relating to KVAT law / procedures or audit procedures. then they put me to Bank audit(Central statutory audit of a bank, i ws sent ot chenneai when i was going to PCC tutions.I missed whole of costin and FM. then they put me to some real kind of audit. I was asked to do op bal verfication, vouching and BRS of a software co., I cud do the first 2, but not the third one. i cudn't literally do that because that was the first time i did a BRS in my life.I was asked by my senior that how cud i pass 12th without knowing BRS. I told him that i know the concept but as i am new to dat i am not able to understand dis. he shouted at me sayin that "u have already completed 1 year of trainin still u dont know BRS , whatte shame". i was into tears,then i was removed from that audit, and put to an Internal audit of a big co (Automobile)alongwith a senior. from here onwards, i have been learnin something new. here i learnt the actual meaning of audit(My senior tauht me somethings , he became my favorite senior), I did the audit for around 2 months here, i cud understand more an more relating to how a co works, what is a purchase cycle, sales cycle , indirect taxes(VAT, cenvat , cst, ST), TDS, Income tax computation,etc... . after dis i got a bit confidence in myself. i was sent to Excise audit with another senior (CA), he was too good, i learnt manythings abt CEnvat credit, procedures etc....then i went to some basic vouching, BRS in a  co. after that i went for study leave of 2.5 months. i cud clear 1st group. but missed the second one only by 10 marks!!!!!!, i was very depressed. then when i came back from leave , i was sent to do a PF Trust audit alone????, somehow i did it.after that when they sent me alone to do a corporate audit, i was pulled back by an old man in da office(he is new partner, , ex-emp of a govt co, very stereotypaic person with zero knowlede abt co's act, IT act, Indirect taxes or AS , AAS), he called me and told me to leave that audit in the middle and sent me to a Charitable institution(Internal audit). here i was there for around 3.5 months(bakwaas audit-all basics) and another old man (65 yrs old) joined me there. I came to know i have given my life as charity to dis old partner. Then they gave me 10days leave for my second group, i cudnt study much . i know i will fail aain. but before going to leave iwas aked to come to officce(Durin tax returns time) for checkin IT returns. one day they told me stay back till 11:30pm, i told that i dont have buses to go home, i have to go (around 9:00pm). one partner argued with me(young new), but i told him on his face that i cant. it hurt his ego very much. i had fights with dat old partner also sometimes ago.
When i came back from exam, my partner called me and told that they dont want me anymore in the office. he told that everyone i s complaining abt my misbehavior and harsh behavior. he gave me first and final warning and told me to be very polite going forward. then i was very depressed in my life again in my life. now again i m sent to some kind of checkin job.(manual job).(This is KVAT Audit time, eventhough i know how to manage that, i am not given oppurtunity to do dat)

How is my story????
because of these type of CAs ,our profession is losing its brand value and also due to many rules against students by institute. if we become CAs tomorrow, what is our plight????
I feel that because of these type of CAs may new CAs are not getting good jobs because of lack of knowledge.
Pl forgive me, i know i have wasted ur time by telling my tragic story.