My career plans! please give your views!

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)

28 April 2012  

I am presently 20 and I am eligible to write my CA Final exams in May, 2013 (I'll be 22 by the time I become a CA if I clear in the first attempt).

(When I am 22-24) Immediately after I become a member of ICAI, I'll try to work in a good reputed company in India for a couple of years. Meanwhile, during these two years while being in employment, I would try to complete CFA (USA) and obtain affiliate membership (as 4 years of qualified experience is required for regular memvbership) and also take advantage of MOU between ICAI and ICAEW (https://220.227.161.86/13958icai_icaew_a.pdf) and become a member of ICAEW as well. 

(When I am 24 -26) With the educational credentials of CA (India & UK) and CFA (USA), I try for international jobs and work abroad in a developed country (say Singapore) for another couple of years.

(When I am 26 - 27)  I some how try to get an employment opportunity in London and work there in a good company for 1 year and also apply in London Business School Masters in Finance Program which is a ten months programme.

(When I am 27 - 28) I complete my Masters in Finance from London Business School and find an employment opportunity in USA. 

(When I am 28-30) I work in a reputed Company in USA for a couple of years and then quit the job and also purchase a small house there. 

Then I return India and plan to start a venture in USA!

This is what I am planning to do for the next 10 years of my life.

Please give your views!