Mutual owing

(Guest)

What is meant by mutual owing ? Why it is deducted from asset and liability side of consolidated balancesheet of its subsidiary.

avater

sivaram (Asst Mgr-Taxation)     10 February 2012

sivaram
Asst Mgr-Taxation 
 513 likes  6908 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Debtors owes some money to creditors

creditors owes money to debtors

both are eliminated in a group transaction on consolidated balance sheet by passing entry creditors a/c dr to debtors 

avater

Jithin (Learner)     10 February 2012

Jithin
Learner 
 161 likes  1052 points

Mutual Owing:Any amount due to a subsidiary co. from its holding co. or any amount due to a holding co. from its subsidiary co.

Reason for deducting mutual owings: When u prepare consolidated balance sheet, u have to actually treat the holding co. & its subsidiary as a single entity. The owings between holding co. & its subsidiary doesnt have any effect on the combined assets & liabilities of the holding co. & its subsidiary. Such owings just inflate the debtors & creditors, & should be deducted. U have to only include the owings to & from outsiders.

Megan Neal (larahoddle)     08 September 2019

Megan Neal
larahoddle 
 22 points

For me trust doesn’t mean to relay on the people. But it means to stay by the side of the person instead of knowing all of his weaknesses. Trust is the strongest emotions as you can conquer everything but also the weakest as once its shattered you can’t fix it. The bestwritingservice also discusses a lot about trust.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »