Mutual funds purchase in itr

Hello. I have SIP and lump sum investments in mutual funds. The same are in profit but I have not yet realized them. Do I need to report them in ITR 4 as I am in business? Also, I have fixed deposits. Do I have to show only interest? Thanks in advance. 

Replies (5)
show business related assets and liabilities. 5 items are mandatory

1. Investments are to be shown only if you have realized the profit on the same. In other words, only at the time of cashing income to be reported and tax on the same shall be paid. 
2. With respect to interest on FD income, the same shall be shown on an accrual basis. 
Please correct me if the above solution has an alternative view.  

@ suresh, exactly correct..........
Thank you so much. As I am in business, will I also have to report the investments in my balance sheet as pointed by Mr. Pravin Kapadia?
Thanks sir. If I show these as assets, will the interest on FD and profit on sale of mutual funds be shown as business income or I will still have to show in other sources? Originally posted by : Kapadia Pravin
show business related assets and liabilities. 5 items are mandatory

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details