Must read - and circulate

Manikanta Raju CA,CWA,(CS) (Industry) (4482 Points)

27 June 2011  

This is a shocking episode that happened few days back (13th May 2011) in Pune. This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us to remember.

I was talking to someone I know, a person who is normally quite lively and chirpy but who sounded rather down and depressed this morning. This is the story that I heard, the reason behind the depression... A family friend had died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.

The gas stove was on, cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it..Near the gas stove, which was on/burning. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustained 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife has succumbed, dead on arrival.

I've been trying to gather some information on the insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. Are they inflammable? I guess they are, and the nano-particles spread extremely rapidly.

Did the poor lady realise the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Spread the word around.... who knows you may save more than a life...