Clarification required on taxation of income from UAE as salary for working remotely from India

Hi,

I have been a NRI since FY 2013-14. I came to India in Sep 2024. 

From Sep 2024, I am working from India for a company in UAE and my salary is getting credited to my NRE account in AED, as I am waiting for my visa. My NRE account is still active because I am planning to go back to UAE once I receive my visa.  Most probably, I will have to stay in India until Mar 2026.

Please clarify the following:

  1. For FY 2025-26, should I consider the salary from UAE company under "Income from Salary" in the ITR?
  2. Is there any way that I can save on taxes, as I do not work for any Indian company?

Your guidance in this regard is very much appreciated.

 

 

 

Replies (1)

Q1: Is UAE salary taxable for FY 2025-26?

✔ Yes, fully taxable as Salary income in India because you are rendering services physically from India.

Q2: Any way to save tax?

✔ Use:

  • 80C, 80D, NPS

  • Standard Deduction

  • Opt for better regime (Old/New)

  • Employer contribution to NPS

  • HRA structuring (if employer cooperates)

❌ No DTAA relief (UAE has no income tax).
❌ Cannot treat salary as foreign income to claim any exemption.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details