Missing deductions in form-16

In the F.Y 2011-12 I worked in an organisation only from Apr 2011 to end of Oct 2011(I have not worked anywhere for the remaining of the F.Y 2011-12 from Nov 2011 to Mar 2012). Except for EPF, the Form-16 the company had sent me a few days ago has no mention of any S80C or S80CCC or house loan deductions.

What do I do now while filing e-returns? Am I required to send proofs of S80C, pension plan and mediclaim investments and house loan EMI statement along with the ITR-2 print-out? How can I claim for refund if I'm eligible? Please advise. Thank you.

Replies (1)

Hi SV,

 

First of all, Form No. 16 is not a final document. Even if some amounts are missing in that, you can directly claim them in ur ITR.

 

While filing e-Return you show all ur eligible deductions. You are not required to attach / send any proofs of any document except system generated ITR-V acknowledgement. If you correctly file ur e-Return, you will get refund within 3/ 4 months (subject to their approval).

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details