Replied 30 May 2021
Procedure for registration of Section 8 Company
1. Application for name availability in form RUN
Application for name availability must be made in “RUN” facility. The name of Section 8 Company shall include the words Foundation, Forum, Association, Federation, Chambers, Confederation, Council, Electoral Trust, and the like etc. One can propose maximum 2 names at a time and 1 resubmission is allowed in RUN facility. Fees for RUN is Rs. 1000/-. It is advisable to attach the object clause of the proposed company. Name once approved is valid for 20 days.
2. Getting Digital Signatures of First Directors
The next step is to get class 3 digital signatures of first subscribers and directors which are required for filing incorporation form with the ROC.
3. Preparation of Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association and other documents
MOA is the charter of the company and defines the scope of its activities. An AOA is a document which regulates the internal management of the company. MOA of Section 8 Company must be in form INC-13 while there is no format prescribed for AOA for Section 8 Company. One can adopt table F provisions. MOA & AOA of the company shall be signed by each subscriber who shall mention his name, address, descripttion and occupation in the presence of at least one witness who shall attest the signature and shall likewise sign and add his name, address, descripttion and occupation.
Filing of SPICe 32 Form
After getting proposed name approval, one may go ahead with filing of form SPICe 32.
Attachments of SPICe 32:
The following are the documents which are required to be attached with the SPICe form for incorporation of Section 8 Company.
1. Memorandum of Association in Form INC-13;
2. Articles of Association; (No Specified format)
3. Declaration in Form INC-14 by CS/CA/CWA in practice, that the draft MOA & AOA have been drawn up in conformity with the provisions of Section 8 and rules made thereunder and that all the requirements of the Act and the rules made thereunder relating to registration of the company under Section 8 and matters incidental or supplemental thereto have been complied with;
4. Declaration by each of the persons making the application in Form INC-15
An estimate of the future annual income and expenditure of the company for next three years;
6. Name Approval Letter received from CRC;
7. Consent and Declaration by first Directors in Form DIR-2;
8. Self-declaration by first subscribers in Form INC-9;
9. PAN card of first directors and subscribers;
10. Aadhar card of first directors and subscribers;
11. Proof of Registered office like Sale Deed/Lease Deed/Rent Agreement etc;
12. Latest Utility Bill of Registered office like Electricity Bill;
13. NOC of owner if registered office is taken on rent/lease.
SPICe 33 and 34 i.e e-MOA and e-AOA can’t be used for Section 8 Company. Section 8 companies are mandatorily required to file MOA and AOA as pdf attachments to SPICe-32.