Medical insurance

I am employed as an assistant accountant in a private firm in Mumbai and will be retiring in six months. I have been a single mother to my sons for over two decades. With family responsibilities bearing heavily on me, I have not invested in a health policy for myself. With retirement around the corner and no pension, I am a bit worried about my medical expenses henceforth. Is there a health policy that I can buy now?

Replies (2)

There are many good health insurance policies in the market which offer comprehensive coverage and provide a lot of benefits such as auto-doubling of sum insured, no-claim bonus etc. 

Personally, I am covered under Reliance's Healthgain health insurance policy which offers a lot of these features at a cheap rate.

You can go through it at the following link:

https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Health-Insurance/Health-Gain-Insurance.aspx

Hope this helps. :)

One thing I'd add is that there isn't a single "best" health insurance company for everyone. A policy that's great for one family may not be the right choice for another because the real value depends on factors like waiting periods, room rent limits, claim settlement experience, network hospitals in your city, co-pay clauses, and how well the sum insured matches your family's needs.

Instead of choosing only based on premium or brand name, spend a little time comparing the policy features side by side. It can save a lot of disappointment at the time of a claim.

If you're comparing multiple plans, I found https://BimaScore.com/?INT0082 useful because it helps understand and compare important policy details in one place instead of relying only on marketing brochures. Even if you finally buy directly from an insurer, doing that comparison first makes the decision much more informed.

Health insurance is something you usually appreciate only when you need it, so it's worth choosing carefully rather than just choosing the cheapest option.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details