Master plan for ipcc - nov 13

Karan Teli (Life Is just an Illusion...!!)   (4573 Points)

25 June 2013  

Greetings of the day..!

It`s been a long time since I have been here at CCI with any articles. My absence from CCI had many reasons and to mention a few were my exams, class schedules etc. This article, I would dedicate to one of my student who is eager for an AIR, though he says he is just an average guy. Actually this guy`s spirit had motivated me to pen down few things and thanks to him for making me writing again after almost a year.

We all are very well aware that we have just 4 months left for the next attempt to IPCC or Finals. It`s high time now that we start our preparations to get through with flying colours. Here is some plan which I have prepared for the IPCC guys. Before checking out the same, I would disclaim, at the face of it, that better plans can be chalked out and that to at your own comfort levels.

BEFORE YOU READ ON FURTHER, LET ME DISCLAIM IT THAT THIS ARTICLE IS JUST TO BE USED AS A GUIDANCE TOOL AND NEVER AS A SUBSTITUE to anything OR OTHERWISE. READERS OF IT SHALL NOT DEPEND ON THIS ARTICLE COMPLETLY. (I had a bitter experience, hence i had to create this disclaimer note)

The path to success at IPCC level has various steps. Things are quite simple, unless we ourselves make it complicated. Let me also make you aware that 4 months are good enough to prepare and give out both groups, it is worthless or you are underestimating yourself when you are planning for just 1 group which means that you need 4 months time to prepare just 4 subjects. Hard work indeed is required, but just hard work today does not suffice. Smart work also is required.

Here we move on to the core area of our article -

First reading from the basic material is to be done and just read it 100%. Have knowledge of what your curriculum requires, so you can attempt any question in exam, even when you miss out in revisions. Have some good books, prima facie, to read and understand it. Start from the very first page of your books, knowing why you need this subject at IPCC and then move on. Read systematically. Start preparing your own notes. Write down all formulae’s, Interpretations of formula, confusing statements, contradicting provisions in one area. Have a crystal clear conceptual understanding. Each formula has logic behind it; understand those logics instead of reading up formulas. This logics would help you out to remember the formula`s for a longer period of time. If no logics are found or the logics are too complicated create some stupid logics to remember. [Ghee hamesha tedi unglee se he nikalti he zyada]. Practice loads of problems. Do not read them but just scribble out on a sheet of paper atleast, if you are lazy to present each problem as required.

Once the portion is complete in all matters substantially, go in for a revision of all papers again. Start linking all your logics, sections, chapters and even subjects also. This is a stage where you have to work smart and be cunning at each subjects. While doing this you would now have the understanding at macro level for all the subjects. Start doing compilers and revisit all your chapters again. Now you won`t feel much difficult at this level since you have read it once apart from linking other subjects and deriving logics. This was level – 2 of your plan.

The next stage would arrive just before 14 days of your exam schedules. At this point your practice manuals and RTP`s would be handy along with your own notes. This is the final revision for your exam plan. Not more than 2 days would be required to wind up each subject completely. This is the time were you should not have any difference between day and night. But even then I am not asking you to study 24*7. You need to be focused more and serious with your examination plans.

Then last reading would be obviously just before the day of exam. Just calm down and revise all what you have read already. Panic would create more stress and this would spoil up whole game of yours. Ignore areas you are not perfect at. Do not touch what you have not read till date. Go through amendments again and again.