Easy Office
LCI Learning

Lost confidence

Page no : 5

CA Jaynam S. Shah (Looking for Job) (206 Points)
Replied 11 December 2013

Hey Mr. CA, I know its a tough phase even after clearing CA in 1st attempt - No Interview calls, friends getting a better job, brainstorming with yourself, confused about future ( job in industry or job in CA firm or practice or further studies and 100 other stuffs).

But in case if you really want to take up a job, be a pro actve.

1.Post your CV on Naukri, Monster, TimesJob, etc. I am 100% sure that you will get a call very next day.

2.Infact you can consult any HR Consultant ( just google it). Many of them helps you without charging any fees

3. Randomly, go to the website of the companies, post your CV their

4. Join Linkedin , there better job options are also posted

5. Mouth-to-mouth publicity, market yourself among professional people,forward your CV to friends, relatives, neighbours, etc and tell them to mail it to HR of their

Just be 'PRO ACTIVE", search like a mad guy and ha.. Dont loose Hope

1 Like

Abhishek Kumar Mishra (CA FINALIST AND A TEACHER)   (28 Points)
Replied 11 December 2013

Hi Well iam not a CA yet now. I accept You are in trouble. I also accept you are not getting the job as you deserve. But You are holding that position for which Lakhs of Students are Registering In CPT/IPCC /CA FINAL. For Those Students you are already a winner. You are not getting job doesn't mean you wont get that dream job. See I think Every individual is given some Challenges by GOD. Some are even not able to Pass Out CA FINAL in 10+ attempts. Some pass out and not getting job as like you. I believe if there were no challenges. Then life would be boring. Take it as your journey is still going on and not yet completed untill you get your job. If You can crack CA, You can crack any challenge. You are a very Powerful Person. Jump into industry even if you are not Getting much Remuneration. Trust me if you work hard in any company soon you will get promotion. Best Of Luck.

nivedita sharma (.) (29 Points)
Replied 11 December 2013

To

The Writer

Here's something, Yesterday I had a word with this guy, offering some position in E&Y - In case if this is your 'cup of tea' ..

"Hi,

We have very urgent position with our Big 4 client.

Position :- Sr Associate ( Statutory Audit )
CTC:- upto 7.33 lacs
Interview date :- tomorrow 12th Dec 

We need candidate who have good communication skills and having statutory Audit exposure in Article ship also one who can join on 23rd DEC 2013 in case of selection.

Candidates available for interview tomorrow can call on below mentioned number

Regards
Mamta
01130993005 "

Thanks

Nivedita

Amit Chandak (Chartered Accountant) (152 Points)
Replied 11 December 2013

Nivedita ji , thanks . Can you give me the email ID and pls check your pm

Replied 11 December 2013

I am getting calls through naukri but many are not scheduling interviews . They prefer local mumbai guys here as i am outsider i am not getting enough interview calls . Thanks jaynam sir

Replied 11 December 2013

Abhishek , you are right and i am trying my best to enter in the industry . But its almost 4months now and sometimes i doubt my abilities

Suresh Kumar ( ) (60 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

Man seems the problem with you is... You seem short of confidence in you... You are just afraid not to face an interview but the end result of it... You might be good at things.. But if you are afraid n lack confidence nobody can help u... Self learning shud always come first thn if reqd guidance can get educated... Instead pondering over not getting good job.. Find out why u arent gettin one.. . Now the market fr getting jobs is running high...

Suresh Kumar ( ) (60 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

Srry if it seems harsh... I jus wanted to be bold on my views... To add few... As most of them said better take a certification course adds fuel to ur career.. On the other hand takin it on positive note u can consuder this as vacation whch u may not get later... Evn a frnd of mine who was ranker way back in 2010 took 6 months rest aftr gettin passed out... Got 7.2laks pkg... Thn again took a year break to get into civils felt it was not his cup of tea joined back with 10lakhs pkg... Important thing is he nvr lost his focus.. Was always confident nd nvr afraid to adventure... Condider a low profile job.. Be it a strtup.. One day sure your career will be on fire... Thts it... All the best :-)

tasnim (student) (24 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

Hii amit sir, U hv cmpleted ur ca final in 1st attempt bt hvnt got any job of ur choice yet. Sir, m nt a ca m still appearin fr ipcc third attempt. I knw its to difficult that we hv studied hard bt wen we want a job of our choice,we hv to struggle more than passing out xams. So please dont lose ur confidence nd hv faith u ll soon get a job of ur choice. Many people are suffering same as u. I think u shuld join any job if they satisfies 50% of ur desire. And after that u ll surely do best fr ur life. When ur involve in this u can understand better hw to deal with this situation. And also if u want u can start preparing fr UPSC. Bt u hv cracked one of the toughest xam. So pls dont underestimate ur self confidence and ur inner desire to get something and win. And "Sirji aap itta confuse ho jaoge toh baki sare student ka kya hoga jo abi is field mae enter hue h". Sir pls don't loose ur confidence m sure soon we ll se a article from u that u hv defeated ur confusing negative thoughts. Best of luck.

Priyanka (CS) (585 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

50-75 replies and 7 pages....cut it out man.........God helps those whose helps themselves. Sorry for being harsh but Amitji aap UPSC hi prepare karlo if it seems so called convincing to U.

Agar aapke mindset  hi negative hai...to no-one can get u out of it.

1 Like

Replied 12 December 2013

Yes its true that i am short of confidence but i am still trying . I know i have to give more efforts and i am trying to do so . And my mindset is not negetive i am just going through a lean patch . I am not a guy who regularly post topics here or comment but i think it is the topic which should be discussed .All student be ready for a reality check and i am not discouraging anyone

Ashok (Industry) (416 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

ha!! good whacking by Priyanka. Dude ... just say you'r ok else ...

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

Originally posted by : Amit Chandak
Thank you very much jithin . Thats exactly what i thought at first . Now pls tell me which one is best as you can draw my personality from the posts

Well Amit I cant exactly gauge ur personality from ur posts..but let me try..I think from the alternatives I mentioned in my earlier post, a mix of alternative 1 & 3 wud be best 4 u. I hv outlined my suggestions step-wise below. Hope it wud be helpful.

1)The first thing u need to do is - take up the job that comes ur way even if it is in a ca firm, irrespective of the pay, if the profile u get gives u  some opportunity to grow as a CA. U can continue searching for better oppotunities & move into industry when u get a good opening.

2)While u are on the job, u can do certification courses in ur respective field(I dont hv much knowledge abt such courses & cant exactly say how much value addition these will bring)

3)Now another alternative of resolving the job crisis is to opt for higher studies. If u arent comfortable with the current job(u hv to already take up a job mate-read step 1), u can opt for higher studies.  By 'higher studies' I dont mean professional courses through correspondance like cfa,cs,cwa,etc.(in all these courses u will have to struggle like in CA initially b4 u get settled in ur career). I am talking about on-campus learning..& I suggested in my earlier post an MBA from a top institute bcoz:- (a)it complements CA(actually mba goes along well with any professional degree); (b) u may come across a variety of interesting job profiles in campus placement. Although I mentioned mba as an escape route from ur current situation, pls dont treat it like that. Only join mba if u feel inclined towards it. If u are happy with traditional areas of a CA, pls dont go for mba..it will be a total waste..I mean dont go for mba or for that matter any other course just bcoz ur current qualification doesnt offer u any good openings at the moment. Alongwith the majority of the participants of this forum thread, I want to reiterate the same view-that its just a matter of time  b4  u get settled in ur career..now come on mate u arent going to work all ur life for 18-20ks..u will move on like everybody else..But yeah the present job crisis has given u an opportunity to think about other alternatives like higher studies..If u are interested in higher studies, pls go for it. If u arent, get along with ur current job..simple as that..Also I suggested mba bcoz its the obvious choice for CAs when u are talking about an on-campus course. If u think any other on-campus course suits ur interests better, pls try it out. And as I said b4,write CAT once without resigning ur job. Assess ur performance & thereupon decide whether to resign & devote ur entire time towards CAT(consult mba forums like pagalguy b4 taking a decision).

P.S.I hvnt mentioned UPSC since I doubt whether u are actually interested. In case u are genuinely interested,pls go ahead. But I wont vouch for investing ur entire time towards studies initially, without taking up any job. I prefer alternative 3 which I mentioned in my earlier post. Again, I hvnt suggested u courses like cfa,cs,etc. which in my opinion doesnt increase ur employability..But yeah it broadens ur field of employabilty..For example a cfa degree opens up opportunities in equity research, portfolio management,etc. A CS degree gives u an opportunity to work as a company secretary.  So only opt for any of such professional courses, if u are really interested in the respective field. And pls dont burden urself with any undue expectations regd these qualifications. U may face the same troubles here as well that u face as a CA fresher. Be prepared for that.

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 12 December 2013

If the "things" are "out of control," sad
at least keep yourself "in control."
smiley

(To control yourself; you have to remain "fit" all the time).

Just imagine : You want to be appointed as a Managing Director of a company.

(Hope this will give you immense satisfaction to think like this : Sochne Me Kya Jaata Hai)?.

Now your work is to know about some of the Managing Directors serving big companies.  Try to know about their "past."

Hint : Decide the field of your interest and take ONE STEP ahead in that direction. Rest would be assured.

1 Like

Prosanta Chaki (CA Final So many books 📚 has little time.!)   (264 Points)
Replied 13 December 2013

Dont lose your confidence, please see the attachment file

Attached File : 42829 1260269 ca degree.pdf downloaded: 142 times
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: