Jurisdiction & assessing officer?

Despite the TDS deduction showing in 26AS, it has not been acknowledged in my assessment. Rectification request and refiled return has been dismissed.

Is it a good idea to meet the assessing officer in person and submit a written request?

Secondly, how do I locate him/ her?

(the IT Dept. site gives the jurisdiction/ how does one locate the address/contact details?)

Thirdly, I stay in a different city from the one I got my PAN issued from. Where must have the return been assessed? In the city I live in or the city where my PAN was issued?

Thanks.

Replies (2)

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/common.do?screen=jurisdiction

 

follow this link and submit ur PAN u will get jurisdiction of ur A.O.

Draft a letter and submit to him clearly mentioning ur IT return details along with enclose copy of return and copy of tds certificate

 

any further clarification feel free to ask

 

Regards

 

I have already found out the jurisdiction using the incometaxefiling link ......

Which address should I send the letter (jurisdiction is "MUM"/ PAN issued in Mumbai) and accompanying documents to? How does one find the address/ contact details?

Will the AO also be from "MUM"?

Thanks,

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details