Itr3 or itr4 for professional income dr along with capital gains, ltcg and stcg

I have 2 Queries

 

1) I am a Dr by profession and filed returns last year under presumptive taxation ITR4. But my CA was telling me that I cannot use that form if I have LTCG. 

 

Just wanted to know whether that aspect has been rectified and can I use the ITR4 if I have LTCG from shares and MF which are tax free for FY 2017-18

 

2) Also after I file ITR4 do I still need to maintain Balance sheet?

 

Would be of great help if you clarify these doubts

Replies (2)
you need to file itr 3 for profession as well as capital gain
yes, you should maintain balance sheet even in case of itr4

Well, if you have any capital gains which are taxable........ then ITR3 is correct........

But as you refer to tax-exempt LTCG from shares & MF.... in that case you can file ITR4..

Declare the exempt income in schedule... 'Taxes Paid & Verification'  as under:::

 

27 Exempt Income only for Reporting Purpose (If agricultural income is more than Rs. 5000/-, use ITR-3/5) 
  a Agriculture Income  
  b Others
    Sl.No Nature of Income Descriptttion ( If 'Any Other' selected)  Amount
    1 Sec10(38)-(Exempted Long term Capital Gains) NA  
    2 (Select) NA  

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details