Itr for purchased property using capital gain of earlier sold property

I have purchased a property using capital gain of property which I sold 2 year back. I have shown capital gain in ITR2 when I sold property. Which ITR form should I use now and how to show this in return if required?
 

Replies (1)
When u have sold the property and capital gains arised then you must have claimed deduction u/s 54 which states that if such capital gain used for purchase of house within 2yrs or constructed within 3 yrs the entire capital gains shall be exempted if cost of such property is more than capital gains arised. now when u have purchased there is no need to show that unless the cost of such property is less than the capital gains arised

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details