Itr-4s help

I am trying to e-file the tax using ITR-4S and hav some doubts on it. Please help me if you know the answers

 

I am running a business and also receive pension from Central Govt. Thats why I choose ITR-4S. My buisness is listed on the excel utility business codes list also. 

My questions are following

1) What employer category should I select for the pension income ( GOVT, PSU,NA, OTH ) ?

2) My bank dedcuted TDS on pension income and TDS on fixed deposit interest. I have received the Form 16,16A. 

   The figures mentioned on the 16A form contains decimals. Like 1872.86 etc. When I tried to enter the amounts to excel utility it says error and not accepting any number with decimal values.

 If I enter the the amounts without including the decimals total TDS entred on excel file will become 5267 rupess and the original total amount shown on 26AS form is 5268.34 .

so what should I do. ?

3) I heard that last date for e-filing is July31. Does it mean that the print-out of the ITR-V should reach the Income Tax office before July31 or only e-submission before July31 is enough ?

 

Replies (1)

 

Dear George,

1. Your employer category would be GOVT because you receiving pension income from central government.

2. You can round off the tds nearest to rupees.

3. 31st July is last date for e-filing. You can send signed ITR V after 31st July but you have to send with in 120 days from e-filing.

Regards

Puneet Mittal

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details