Itr 4 or itr 4s?

Dear All,

 

I have income from Salaries

Income from other sources

     MIS Int

     PF Int

     KVP Int

 

and also I earn from commsion and brokerage of financial products (around 22K). 

Can I fill ITR 4S?

 

Thanks in advance

Replies (8)

yes, you can file ITR 4S..because you have salary income, other source n deemed income u/sec 44AD as commision & financial product income @ 8% chargeblity. so you can file ITR 4S.

Thank you very much for the quick reply Priyanka. I am not sure what is 8% chargeability? I do not have any business niether maintain any books.

 

it is not required to maintain books & business in sec 44AD business. you have to just calculate your gross reciepts from commision & financial products. n apply 8% tax rate on that reciepts. this is your declared income in 44AD. & you can file ITR 4S with this income.

Wow its really nice Thanks Priyanka.

E1 Gross Turnover or Gross Receipts : I received 22000 as commision after deducting tax so what income should I show as Gross Recipts (22000+TDS)? or only 22000?

E2 Total Presumptive income under 44AD (>=8% of E1) : What is >=8% of E1?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the basic questions :)

 

Regards
Raj

Hi Raj,

Sec.44AD specifically states that a person earning income in the nature of Commission or brokerage cannot avail any benefit u/s 44AD. 

ITR 4S can be used only if income is computed availing Sec 44 AD. Please check before using ITR 4S.

Vasanth

 

ITR 4S cant be used in case of commision income .

file itr4.yes

Use this software and you will never have confusion about choosing ITRsmiley

ITR 4  ONLY

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details