Itr 4 filing


I need some clarification in regards to ITR 4

- I left my full time job in March 2018
- F&F settlement from my full time job received in April 2018
- Since April 2018 I have been working as Consultant/advisor, hence under professional services

Questions/clarification required :

Q1. ITR 4 to be used for filing combined income (F&F and fee from professional services) ?

Q2. I can claim 50% of expenses as set off against income from professional services only & not against combined income?

Q3. I can claim usual IT rebate under 80C & 80CCC as normal? Or that will be already included in 50% expenses I am claiming?

Q4. During the year (in Q3 2018) I took house on rent while working with some client. Can I claim HRA or that will be already included in 50% expenses I am claiming?


KVO Merau Kutchh

1. Yes, ITR 4 can be filed with F&F settlement amount u/h. Salary.

2. Correct.

 3. Not included, these deductions can be claimed additionally.

4. No HRA , but u/s. 80GG (max. rs. 5000/- PM) if you do not own house property.

Total likes : 1 times


Agree with @ Dhirajlal Sir

Thanks sir. For point 4, does it mean I dont own property house anywhere in India or within that state only?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register