Itr 3 - ay 2019-20 - case of presumptive income 44ada - itr reflecting double income.

(Guest)

Hi all, I am facing a problem while trying to fill an ITR 3 for presumptive income.

I had to choose ITR 3 instead of ITR 4 because assessee is also a director in company in PY 2018-19.

ITR3 - P&L page has column 62 for 44ADA details and column 64 for no accounts case income details.

Initially, I have filled only column 62 for 44ADA and did not fill column 64 and filed the return. we received a mail that our return 'MAY' be treated as defective as P&L/Balance sheet are not filled'.

Now, when i am trying to fill the ITR 3 again for revision of return and when I fill column 64, double income is getting carried to Schedule BP. The ITR is considering column 62 and column 64 as two different incomes. I think it is a problem in the design of ITR 3 itself (pardon me if i am wrong). Because, further in Schedule BP all columns referring to 44ADA are prefilled from column 62 here and are not editable.

How do I deal with this anamoly? I cannot simply ignore column 64 as truly accounts are not maintained by assessee. Neither can i ignore filling 44ADA details as this column lets me say why i have not maintained accounts.

I am thinking about,

a) why not show the amount in both column 62 and 64. Later, show the amount in exempt income in column 5 in Schedule BP.

OR

b) why not show the amount in both column 62 and 64. Later, show the amount in 'other allowable deductions' in column 32 of schedule BP.

I am sure someone else also would have faced this. Please suggest me a resolution.

Thanks in advance.