Easy Office

itc on car tyres

Page no : 3

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant) (86220 Points)
Replied 29 September 2017

Agreed with Yash Jain...

Claim depreciation on that amount

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127133 Points)
Replied 29 September 2017

In My View.,
Also not available above said way for depreciation if it's used for self and Business....

kalpesh bhati (3 Points)
Replied 05 July 2018

I can take the input of the truck's tires.

Abhishek Singhai (2 Points)
Replied 19 September 2018

sir, i am in business in edible oil distributership i own a truck  and also propritor of my firm .

I use this truck to transportation  of goods which i purchase  from companies   to my warehouse.

can i get ITC on tyres  purchase for my truck as my business is not tranporter i use my truck for only for my business goods movement  

Replied 21 September 2018

You can claim as truck is used for movement of goods.

Akash Goswami (2 Points)
Replied 01 November 2018

Sir i am purchase the Tyre for Truck  on firm gst no. truck mention in firm Balance Sheet than wer are useing ITC on Tyre purchas. Give mi suggestion.

siya lund (6 Points)
Replied 13 June 2019

CAN ITC CLAIM FOR REPAIR OF TYRES

Replied 16 June 2019

You can't claim ITC as same is restricted u/s 17(5)

Ritu Rawat (Manger) (22 Points)
Replied 01 November 2019

ITC cannot be claimed on car tyres as it is restricted by section 17(5). However, you can get damaged tyres replaced if the tyre maker provides limited time unconditional warranty. For example, Apollo Tyres offers up to 5 years of warranty on some of their car and SUV tyres, which includes a 2-year unconditional warranty for all kinds of tyre damage (impact, sidewall, etc.)

Arnab Gupta (2 Points)
Replied 03 November 2020

It can  be understood by  the r/c book of the particular vehicle whether it's  a private or commercial vehicle. 

One can't use a private vehicle (white number plate) for commercial purpose like hiring or transporting. 

Commercial cars will have a yellow number plate

Rahees Kappan (2 Points)
Replied 06 October 2021

As per section 17(5), repairs and maintenance of vehicles having seating capacity of less than 13 persons are blocked. So in the current situation it is irrelavant that you are getting bill in the name of firm or not. in both cases purchase of tyres are blocked.

Even if you are planning to capitalize the tyres, then purchase of motor vehicles is blocked under 17(5)

in short, you can't claim the input eventhough you are showing as capital nature or revenue nature

For any further clarification, feel free to revert back

XS Communications (4 Points)
Replied 26 November 2021

Sir mera work scrap ka hai or maine chota hathi liya hai scrap ko deliver karne ke liye 

es par input mil sakta hai agar new Tyre purchase karu to 

XS Communications (4 Points)
Replied 26 November 2021

Sir mera work scrap ka hai or maine chota hathi liya hai scrap ko deliver karne ke liye 

es par input mil sakta hai agar new Tyre purchase karu to 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: