IT Return E-Verification and Revision

Dear Sir,

 

I've submitted my IT return on 31st Aug 2019 for the FY 2018-19

 

I've not E-verified it yet.

Also, I've made a mistake in the return and hence, need to revise it for this.

 

Now my doubt is:

 

1. Should I first E-Verify the IT Return that I submitted on 31st Aug 2019, and then revise it ?

OR Should I revise the IT Return (Excel file) and then E-verify it ?

 

Also, what is the last date for E-verification/ Revision of the IT - return ?

 

Please suggest.

Replies (6)
E verify then file Revised ITR...

For A.Y 2018-19 last date to submit  a valid revised return is March-2019.(before end of relevant A.Y or completion of assessment which ever is earlier. refer: Sec 139(5))

E-verification may be done as early as possible.You will be prompted to provide valid reason for condonation of delay in this regard.

Dear M Keerthi Chandra.,

Query for FY 18-19 as AY 19-20...
Please see the query dear...

Ok thank you Sir for correcting me. Any how the last date for filing revised return shall be with in the end of relevant A.Y and in this case it shall be 31st March 2020 for A.Y 2019-20.

Regards.

You are welcome M Keerthi Chandra...

Yes... You are exactly correct for AY 19-20...

Keep it up...
The last date for e-verification is 120 days from the date of filing ITR. as said by Raja sir, first e-verify then file revised return

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details