It is Goods or Services ?

I'm registered supplier, I purchased all sort of goods from unregistered dealer such goods are small bolts, belding, day to day labour and so on, I don't have another option because they all are very small trader. I will used these items in Government Nagar nigam.

conclusion :- goods is mine and I provide services to government.

Could you please advise how I will make the bill?

it is supply of goods or supply of service?

Replies (5)
this is a works contract service
your principal supply is providing of services to the govt Nagar Nigam hence you have to issue bill on the basis of the rate of GST of the principal supply
works contract are in the nature of supply of services also when composite supplies are provided by the assessee then such supply shall be liable to GST on the rate of principal supply which in your case being service therefore, the total cost of goods plus the service charges will be taxed at the rate of 12% as per section 2(119) of the CGST Act, 2017.
It is a works contract supply other than construction so it is liable to G.S.T. @ 18%.
But supply to Government is 12 %

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details