Issues of shares help!!

Aarthy (student) (103 Points)

24 August 2011  

plz tell me whethed my answers is correct.....correct me if im wrong..

On 31st march,2008 following was the balance sheet of new era ltd.

(Rs. in lakhs)
LIABILITIES                                                           RS                         ASSETS                                                               RS

equity share capital(fully paid up               2400                            investments                                                     148

shares of rs.10 each)                                                                           cash                                                                740

Securities premium                                           350

General reserve                                                930

P&L a/c                                                               340

12% debentures                                             1500

S. crs.                                                                 750

S. provisions                                                    390

On 1st april 2008 the company announced buy back of 25% of its shares @ 15 per share. For this purpose it sold all of its investments for rs.150 lakhs and issued 2,00,000. 14% pref. shares of Rs.100 each at par, the entire amt. being payable with application.

The issue was fully subscribed. The company acheived the target buy back. Later the company issued one fully paid up equity shares of Rs.10 by way of bonus shares for every four shares held by the equity shareholders. show journal entries.