ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is there any department who will keep eye on our account and financial statements

Atharv Sankliya (293 Points)

24 October 2021  
is there any department who will keep eye on our account and financial statements??

7 Replies

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)   (6646 Points)
Replied 24 October 2021

No! Only before you file income tax, they will check your financial statements through auditor. Tax department doesnt have staff to check every company records. If they have any doubt, then they will check it.  

1 Like

Replied 24 October 2021

Let suppose there is a firm named abc , sale good on credit of 10 lac rupees to a firm named xyz ltd and mentioned as debtor = 10 lac in balance sheet now will tax department tally it in balance sheet of xyz ltd that the firm mentioned 10 lac rupees as creditor ???

Replied 24 October 2021

Not necessarily. Both cash and credit sales will be reducing the profits. The tax is applied on them, meantime there is deferred taxes For example, money due on a current receivable account cannot be taxed until collection is actually made, but the sale needs to be reported in the current period. Because these differences are temporary, and a company expects to settle its tax liability (and pay increased taxes) in the future, it records a deferred tax liability. Tax authorities will cross check with your financial statements only/ 

Replied 24 October 2021

Tax authorities cross check financial statements of both the firm ??

Replied 24 October 2021

No. only incase of fraud

1 Like

Replied 24 October 2021

Which type of fraud example ??

Janak Shah (ca) (558 Points)
Replied 25 October 2021

Are you planning some kind of Fraud? If so be specific. In general cases, it's during search and seizures as well as when scrutiny notice is issued.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags