Is ITR 3 not applicable for partner?

I am a partner in partnership firm. I have received salary from firm and interest on capital. I have no other income. Can I file ITR3.
in past for AY 2016-17 I have kept P & L and balance sheet blank as I don't have any proprietary business. I received notice u/s 139(9) defective return as p & l and balance sheet can not be blank.
What to do?
Replies (1)

@ Dinesh Panchal ...

This year only single ITR applicable to Partner/s.... is ITR3 (no other option)

File it with Business code '00001' ..... no need to fill P&L acc & BS details....

For defective return notice, many received it for not ticking  "No books of accounts required to be maintained u/s. 44AA"

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details