Easy Office
LCI Learning

is it wise to do a dummy articleship??

Page no : 3

rakesh gupta (student) (20 Points)
Replied 16 October 2008

Originally posted by :Dashrath_Maheshwari
" Its never...
dummy articleship is always to be avoided... it pushes a person from a up to the down almost...
"

i am an average student and to clear ca final ,i need more concentration in my studies  so what will be the best time for me to leave articleship,,,,,

i mean to say how many days before i should leave the articleship

(Guest)
Originally posted by :puneet
" from now you will not be able to get dummy "

(Guest)

hi........

i m dong articleship from 3 months & the firm in which i m working is sending me out of station for 20 days in a month so i have to study also

ihave to leave my tuition and no option other than to go

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Dashrath_Maheshwari
" Actually this is happning because you are not taking interest in work... This is not a tikking work, you have to analyse the things that why they are happning like this, why a transaction entered in the books and how, is there any other mode to vouvh this... is there any evidence of this, when we should ask for the evidence and who should authorise the transaction etc. etc. thiese are basics of an audit. u hav to ask abt any work u r doing.... and one more and importantthing obey the employees of the auditee always so that they will obey you and ask them abt any thing you are unable to understand about, coz they are having experience and working there from many years so they better know. Always keep yourself down to earth its a life time lesson. to get interest you CAN go for a special training course, which is of a 3 months course and for 2 hrs a day.I heard abt this in jaipur.. and I'll give you all detail of the same if u interested.NOTHING TO SAY NOW, YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND "

Sathyanarayana G (CA) (1121 Points)
Replied 04 November 2008

If you want to do Dummy, please give the name of the CA to me and I have students to do Dummy Articleship.

vartika AGGARWAL (article, CA FINAL) (31 Points)
Replied 16 October 2010

any bdy o.l.????

vartika AGGARWAL (article, CA FINAL) (31 Points)
Replied 16 October 2010

m doin dummy articleship, as in my offc most of d wrk is handeled by staff,  m too worried wat to do, will it affect ma future badly???????? PLZ REP SOON.

Mandar D. Rane (CA Final & CS Executive Student)   (236 Points)
Replied 16 October 2010

Hey sia

please check ur inbox i have sent a msg

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student) (886 Points)
Replied 06 April 2011

i think dummy and then paid up is best for work exp.

SOME diffrences i find from my collegues are:

DUMMY                                                                              ARTICLESHIP

Independent                                                                  Dependent

Stipend is good                                                              Stipend is as per CA rules

Variety of exp or work to be given to paid studs    Limited knowledge is being provide

free time for Tutions                                                    tough task to manage tutions

take dummy if  BIG 4 is not available for article    If desirous to do article, then do in BIG 4

easily take transfer to other firm                               transfers is not easily accessible

Fear of being caught                                                        no fear

1 Like

abhishek tyagi (78) (21 Points)
Replied 26 March 2012

hi,

i am abhishek tyagi i am doing ca(ipcc 1st group) exam in may2012 & i am selected in airforce non.tec

for as an airmen so the question is dis that i am totly confuse whether i am doing ca or not b'cos i have no option to dump my airforce b'cos my parents not allowed it so pls. pls. pls. pls. give ur suggestion that what i am diong .  at my id              abhishektyagica @ gmail.com

Parankusa ( ) (78 Points)
Replied 27 March 2012

Hello everybody!!

I found that doing a dummy articleship is NOT a wise choice. But the tiresome work and hectic hours of work makes me to question as to why not to do a dummy. Also, some say that the audits can be done effectively if we have the knowledge on the subject. so, it seems that learning is primary and doing audits are secondary. In such a case, is it preferable to shift to dummy after doing few months of articleship? Kindly clarify.....

Debopriyo Das (CA Job) (32 Points)
Replied 31 January 2013

i m telling the best thing, which i think is the wisest thing to do.
take dummy first...then work for around 18-20 months (minimum) as a paid-up....and in ur final year before giving CA FINAL exams...u can devote ur time in studies also...
nobody does also.....i can currently bet now in india around 40% CA students are dummy...and that is very worrying........i have seen that in my tuitions and also in my office too......
bt the fact is also
there is no use working 3 years...u also have to remember that ur number of attempts counts a lot these days for jobs......
who ever says only practical training is important not your CA exam attempts,, they definitely never been to an interview...so i believe u should work as a paid-up...where u can learn a lot in a very dynamic environment and ur work period too gets reduced.

1 Like

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48559 Points)
Replied 02 February 2013

after qualifyed as a chartered accountant

dummy aricle assistant dont know what to do there after and where  to go for job,and how to face challanges in work.

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student) (886 Points)
Replied 02 February 2013

@ Debopriya das

pls give ur suggestion regarding industrial trainng in last yr of articleship..any exp in job interview..value of doing such training..with or without deferring attempt....?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: