Easy Office

Is it not an insult to a C.A. - Your comments please

Page no : 2

N.Harish Ballal (Articleship) (96 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

Dear Karthik,

In that situation, we should ask that respective IT officer in writing that he will not accept the IT returns. If he gives, then you are the KING. Just post that to OMBUDSMAN and see what will happen to him.

1 Like

CA. Megha Topiwala (Job) (1534 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

yaar... its ok... even many times i too hv faced such situation..... india mein all is well.....

2 Like

Elton Sukumar M (Certified Accounting Technician)   (734 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

One of the learned friends has given the answer, E-filing is the best in this kind of cases.

1 Like

krishna kumar (CA Final) (407 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

It is not an insult to a CA, instead a shame on our govt. administration system.

As practising CA's have to regularly deal with the IT department, it is necessary to maintain a good relationship with Income Tax officers. Which inturn make the work easier, and the auditor himself need not go to the income tax office for submission of nil return, his clerk will do the same.

CA should go only for the serious work, like enquiry, scrutiny etc.,

1 Like

(Guest)

I am really sorry to say this...............

I really hate this copuntry especially goverment employees and politicians.

I think they should get harsh punishment.

salle kamino ne pure desh ki watt laga di inke baap ka desh thodi na hain yaar.........................

1 Like

sandeep (CA IN POWERCOM) (61 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

income tax return e-filing process is the best solution to these kind of problems , i think.....

1 Like

Poornima Srinivasan (Junior trainee) (330 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

I agree with mukesh....

And Govt should employ only learned persons in such places...

1 Like

renu dutt (c a) (231 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

IT HAPPENS OLY IN INDIA.------------------------

renu dutt (c a) (231 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

WE CAN CREAT AWARENESS AND OPPOSE SUCH BEHAV. DONT ACCEPT INSULTS.

1 Like

karthikeyan.v (Chartered Accountant) (523 Points)
Replied 19 March 2010

Dear my learned friends

Thank you for ur response, i thought only my blood boiled at seeing a chartered accountant being insulted like this, i am happy to know that there are so many here who do not wish to take insult.

In fact i made him take the return that day when i insisted that the return should be files and he had no other go but to oblige.

what made me very angry is the way he presented himself to the situation, A person could not have become a Chartered accoutant without knowing  the basic exemption limit.

let me draw your attention to sec 14 (2) OF THE WEALTH TAX ACT here, which says

" A Return ( other than a return furnished in response to a notice under sec 17) which shows the net wealth below the maximum amount which is not chargable to tax shall be deemed never to have been furnished"

As far as my knowledge goes, such a provision is not there in the Income Tax Act, you may correct if i am wrong.

Under the circumstance an official cannot refuse to accept a return just because there the returned income is less than the amount that is chargable to tax.

If that be the case it should not be accepted in e- filing also.

Regards

karthi

SIDHARTH DHIR (senior articled assistant)   (623 Points)
Replied 20 March 2010

Originally posted by : jayaram

The end root cause as already pointed out is they come by writing some exam which has no relevance to what they are doing. 

It is high time that  India should stop such recruitments and instead take young CA / CWA /CS into main stream Goverrment jobs so that they know how to talk to a fellow professional

Jayaram

Our govt  has already a huge amt of planned and non planned expenditure on tax collection, they cant afford to recriut even 2 CA's for every ward.

karthikeyan.v (Chartered Accountant) (523 Points)
Replied 22 March 2010

dear all

thanks to all who viewed my point and thanks a lot  to all those who responded,

regards

karthi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: