Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI)     01 July 2011

Is 6 Hours per Day Enough?

Is 6 Hours per Day Enough?

As all you know that its common  question specially  among the students who all are pursuing their CA CS CWA courses along with 8 or 10 daily working hours, like article students, Students managing their studies along with job etc,

I well remember those days when I was very new to CCI and just I had cleared my CPT level and was planning for my IPCC and CWA studies,

Even I have asked many questions over CCI regarding minimum and maximum working Hours required for clearing  IPCC and CWA inter level exams

But well, after completing almost 2.5  Precious years in  CCI   with proper  tips from friends ,Seniors and  clearing my inter level exams ( 1st grps)  I came to  the conclusion that   even 5 to 6  study Hrs per day is enough to crack the exams.

I thought of writing an article based on my own experience regarding minimum daily study Hrs required to clear an inter level exam specially for working students and students managing their studies along with article ship

Initially I was very confused , scared  and used feel down coz I had to manage my studies along with my daily working Hrs ( 10 working Hrs)

I hardly managed to devote maximum 4 to 5 daily routine Hrs because of hectic working schedule , and I used to raise such questions over CCI  and in my friends Circle for motivating myself , but probably  always used to get  replies like at least Daily 8 to 10 Hrs study is required for clearing professional exams !  but ha there are  some exceptional cases too.

Yes its 100 % true that quality study matters than quantity one, but it doesn’t mean that studying  2  or 3 hrs daily will make things happen, we need to allocate minimum hrs to complete the  whole syllabus at least with conceptual study.

Would like to share some tips  and guidance based on my own experience that  how studies could be managed even after daily busy working Schedule.

1.Coming Back to studying After 8 or 10 working Hrs :

Up course it very hard to forcing our brain to study after coming from  office completing whole day work. its my own experience that after coming from office we usually feels tired , we need to boost our energy level and mental strength  to making sure that we are completing our daily task as we don’t have other source of time except daily Hours.

2.Routine Study :

First  15 days or One month its goes well with good spirit but after that we can see that the level of spirit falling down gradually, it usually happens with all students so no need to worry about this, just need to continue doing our daily task it  may  result in some extent of relaxation.

But routine study or consistency study is very important for achieving desired result.

3.What you mean by Effective study ? :

In simple language effective study means smart study, instead of going through all pages printed in the books, it can be studied conceptually also, which will take less time too.

In each and every chapter there is some concept which we need to understand and should be able to present it in our own way. That’s it.

Some examples of effective studies are :

Identifying "Best Time" for Studying:

Study Difficult Subjects First:

Use Distributed Learning and Practice: .

Make Sure the Surroundings are Conducive to Studying:

Try to Combine Activities

Study with proper Concentration etc.

4.Never pressurize yourself self :

Its common that as we get  very rare amount of time for studying the whole syllabus, it may cause pressure, which will result in to frustration so better avoid pressure and be cool, calm and relax while studying.

5.Refreshment is  compulsory:

Even if we are studying 4 or 5 hrs daily then to interval refreshment is must Which will help brain to recollect the things easily

By taking breaks and doing something totally different during said breaks, the mind can sublimate the info, and thus it sticks in your head better. Think of it as pouring water into a funnel. If you pour a bit, wait, and then pour some more in, it goes a lot smoother than just trying to pour all the water in and having the funnel overflow. Same concept..

6.Be sure that  whatever you did its enough to crack:

We should be in that confidence that whatever we studied or prepared is enough to crack the exam, boosting self confidence is very important during the examination days

The person who has a history of victory has learned from those victories and fully expects to be victorious in future endeavors. The confident person is not afraid to tackle new issues or face new problems. Problems and situations are nothing but a challenge.

7.Compulsory Revision in the Morning:

In the morning before leaving for the office make sure that you have revised well whatever you studied in the last night

According to me until unless you revise properly then no use of such study , you won’t be able to recollect it , So Revision is Must.

8.Regarding Minimum no of working Hrs:

Frankly speaking there is no exact number of study hours ,its depends on person to person, at last quality and conceptual  study matters , but we will have to make sure that we are completing whole syllabus first,

In my case someday I couldn’t  even managed to study 3 Hrs, even though I managed to complete syllabus by covering that portion in very next day.

Conclusion :

Whatever I have written in this article is based on my own experience and knowledge,

I request you all if  you have any correction  or suggestion please let me know by PM.

Thanks & Regards

SAN…

47 Replies

Bharath

Bharath (C.A,C.S)     01 July 2011

GOOD WORK BRO,...

ACTUALLY THE STUDY PATTERN DIFFERS FROM PERSON TO PERSON,.SO THERE IS NO HARD THUMB RULE FOR IT,..

YOU CAN STUDY FOR 1 HR OR 6 HR OR AS MANY HRS AS U WANT,.....

THE ONLY THING REQUIRED IS CONCENTRATION,...

1 Like
CA ADITYA SHARMA

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE )     01 July 2011

IN MY VIEW 4 HOURS R ALSO MORE THAN SUFFICIENT- BUT WHAT WE READ SHOULD BE WITH FULL CONCENTRATION:)

1 Like
CA  SURENDRA  KUMAR  RAKHECHA

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     01 July 2011

Originally posted by : SAN...

Is 6 Hours per Day are Enough?

Definitely yes.

Due to this; previously office hours were designed to start from 10.00 am and ended at 5.00 pm.  

As all you know that its common  question specially  among the students who are pursuing their CA CS CWA courses along with 8 or 10 daily working hours, like article students, Students managing their studies along with job etc,

I well remember those days when I was very new to CCI and just I had cleared my CPT level and was planning for my IPCC and CWA studies,

Even I have asked many questions over CCI regarding minimum and maximum working Hours required for clearing  IPCC and CWA inter level exams

But well, after completing almost 2.5  Precious years in  CCI   with proper  tips from friends ,Seniors and  clearing my inter level exams ( 1st grps)  I came to  the conclusion that   even 5 to 6  study Hrs per day is enough to crack the exams.

I thought of writing an article based on my own experience regarding minimum daily study Hrs required to clear an inter level exam specially for working students and students managing their studies along with article ship

Initially I was very confused , scared  and used feel down coz I had to manage my studies along with my daily working Hrs ( 10 working Hrs)

I hardly managed to devote maximum 4 to 5 daily routine Hrs because of hectic working schedule , and I used to raise such questions over CCI  and in my friends Circle for motivating myself , but probably  always used to get  replies like at least Daily 8 to 10 Hrs study is required for clearing professional exams !  but ha there are  some exceptional cases too.

Yes its 100 % true that quality study matters than quantity one, but it doesn’t mean that studying  2  or 3 hrs daily will make things happen, we need to allocate minimum hrs to complete the  whole syllabus at least with conceptual study.

Would like to share some tips  and guidance based on my own experience that  how studies could be managed even after daily busy working Schedule.

1.Coming Back to studying After 8 or 10 working Hrs :

Up course it very hard to forcing our brain to study after coming from  office completing whole day work. its my own experience that after coming from office we usually feels tired , we need to boost our energy level and mental strength  to making sure that we are completing our daily task as we don’t have other source of time except daily Hours.

The easy solution is to take rest (sleep) after having a light refreshment.  If you come from your ofice at 8 then you make take your dinner ( not so heavy) and after one hour or so; you may go to bed at 10 pm. At  1.00 am ( Say Good Morning to you) to 5.00 am; you can study which full concentration. Then go to bed ( Say Good Night to you - humour ) till 9.00 am.

2.Routine Study :

First  15 days or One month its goes well with good spirit but after that we can see that the level of spirit falling down gradually, it usually happens with all students so no need to worry about this, just need to continue doing our daily task it  may  result in some extent of relaxation.

But routine study or consistency study is very important for achieving desired result.

The spirit goes down because student faces enormous syllabus and very soon he realizes that it is not possible to cover the whole syllabus. Before you start your studies you should develop the following skills : 

1. Speed Reading

2. Speed Writing 

3. Learn terminology of the subject first. Otherwise this will result in speed breaker all the time. 

4. What is taught in the coaching during a day; should be completed at home on the same day.

Better; if you refer the topic before you go to the coaching class.

( Choose a coaching class which has its  own time table - it is my experience that students never ask this important question to the coaching classes. They just enquire from their friends which one coaching class is the best and without knowing what is the best; they join - this is not expected from a student of chartered accountancy. He should believe only after checking at his own. Raise this query to your colleagues before you join any coaching class).

3.What you mean by Effective study ? 

In simple language effective study means smart study, instead of going through all pages printed in the books, it can be studied conceptually also, which will take less time too.

In each and every chapter there is some concept which we need to understand and should be able to present it in our own way. That’s it.

Some examples of effective studies are :

Identifying "Best Time" for Studying.

Study Difficult Subjects First.

Use Distributed Learning and Practice.

Make Sure the Surroundings are Conducive to Studying:

Try to Combine Activities

Study with proper Concentration etc.

Better make a group to study together. Before studying in the group; make certain rules and all should sign it. Otherwise the activiities of the group will soon turn  into gossip. Make presentation on ppt on difficult topics to understand them easily. Eveyone should present his views why this topic has been included in the subject. If this is done; more than half of the journey is over. Conceptual understanding about the subject may be made very easy this way. 

4.Never pressurize yourself self :

Its common that as we get  very rare amount of time for studying the whole syllabus, it may cause pressure, which will result in to frustration so better avoid pressure and be cool, calm and relax while studying.

Initially you may focus more on half of the subjects which are CORE to the curriculum e.g. ACCOUNTANCY, COST ACCOUNTING, TAXATION AND ISCA.

5.Refreshment is  compulsory:

Even if we are studying 4 or 5 hrs daily then to interval refreshment is must Which will help brain to recollect the things easily

By taking breaks and doing something totally different during said breaks, the mind can sublimate the info, and thus it sticks in your head better. Think of it as pouring water into a funnel. If you pour a bit, wait, and then pour some more in, it goes a lot smoother than just trying to pour all the water in and having the funnel overflow. Same concept..

6.Be sure that  whatever you did its enough to crack: 

We should be in that confidence that whatever we studied or prepared is enough to crack the exam, boosting self confidence is very important during the examination days

The person who has a history of victory has learned from those victories and fully expects to be victorious in future endeavors. The confident person is not afraid to tackle new issues or face new problems. Problems and situations are nothing but a challenge.

This is not so easy i.e. to be confident especially in CA exams. Students can be confident only when they regularly update their knowledge about the subjects with the help of  professional sites; magazines and attending seminars.   

Moreover without analytical skills and speedy presentation; students cannot be confident. So whenever you solve any problem especially typical one; ensure that THEORY PART of the topic is clear to you. 

Whenever typical questions are raised; check them with theory part.

7.Compulsory Revision in the Morning:

In the morning before leaving for the office make sure that you have revised well whatever you studied in the last night

According to me until unless you revise properly then no use of such study , you won’t be able to recollect it , So Revision is Must.

Before you close your today's studies; REVISE it immediately. It will hardly take 15-20 minutes.

On Sunday; revise 6 days study. No new study should be carried.  This way you can enjoy your Sunday also. 

8.Regarding Minimum no of working Hrs:

Frankly speaking there is no exact number of study hours ,its depends on person to person, at last quality and conceptual  study matters , but we will have to make sure that we are completing whole syllabus first,

In my case someday I couldn’t  even managed to study 3 Hrs, even though I managed to complete syllabus by covering that portion in very next day.

Conclusion :

Whatever I have written in this article is based on my own experience and knowledge,

I request you all if  you have any correction  or suggestion please let me know by PM.

Thanks & Regards

SAN…

CACLUB helps students to quickly refer different topics during a day. Better surf quickly on different topics every day so that when you start your studies about a new subject; it no longer remains  new altogether.  It will help to quickly grasp the subject. 

8 Like
Hardik Dave

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)     01 July 2011

6 hours ar enough but that 6 hours reads carefully, thanku for sharing beautiful topic SAN bhai.smile.
1 Like
Vishal

Vishal (Chartered Accountant )     01 July 2011

thanks for sharing ur experience .............

1 Like
Vikas Gupta

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     01 July 2011

Originally posted by : Vishal

thanks for sharing ur experience .............

good article

1 Like
Mukesh Kumar Singh

Mukesh Kumar Singh (CA-FINAL)     01 July 2011

really thankful contribution provided by you.

1 Like
M. N. JHA

M. N. JHA (CA)     01 July 2011

It really difficult to given 6 hours daily on study per day..........but i think we can an avg of 6 hours per day.............

i.e. if we look total hours (365*6=2190 hours)..... i think it is more then sufficient.......now if everyone target 2200 hours per year as per your convianace will may be helpful................... 

1 Like
Pavan Bharadwaj

Pavan Bharadwaj (Practicing Chartered Accountant)     01 July 2011

6 hours per day is more than enough if you start preparation early and prapare consistantly.

1 Like

(Guest)

San u r absolutely right....hw much  v should study it depends on person to person....we just need to cocontrate while studying .....thnx a lot for sharing your experiance...

1 Like
Lakshmi

Lakshmi (Student)     01 July 2011

Originally posted by : Bharath

GOOD WORK BRO,...

ACTUALLY THE STUDY PATTERN DIFFERS FROM PERSON TO PERSON,.SO THERE IS NO HARD THUMB RULE FOR IT,..

YOU CAN STUDY FOR 1 HR OR 6 HR OR AS MANY HRS AS U WANT,.....

THE ONLY THING REQUIRED IS CONCENTRATION,...

Good article..

(Guest)

i think there shud b quality in studying and not quantity.so v shud study hard as well as smart.all the best to all and to me as well

1 Like

(Guest)

nice post....thanks for sharing

Sunshine

Sunshine (Helping All)     01 July 2011

laudable effort San,... hard to believe its your 1st one....great going and now we expect more articles from your side....

Simple words, simple expression of ideas ... but high quality...!!! Great!!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags