IPCC-Best Reference Books?

Hello Dear CA Clubbers

Well,I know this topic and question would have been posted and answered several times but I did want a cusomised advice for myself.

I am doing my IPCC and my attempt is in May 2011.(with both groups) I always give first preference to the institute modules no matter what. (including compilation and RTPs).

(1)For the case of reference books,I do not really fancy short cuts or books that only rely on formulae and easy ways...to quote for example,(with all due respect) N.S.Govindan's Vat and Service Tax..that book doesnt help me because I need to cramp things inside without understanding...(I teach myself and dont go for classes) So a certain level of explanation is what I desire from the books that you suggest for me

(2) I also do not prefer a question-answer model of refernce books

(3) For practical subjects (like Accountancy,Costing and Tax)- A book with a good number of sums

Here are the subjects that fall under the IPCC scheme:

(1) Accountancy (advanced accountancy included)

(2) Business Law, Ethics and Communication

(3) Auditing and Assurance

(4) Cost Accounting and Financial Management

(5) Taxation

(6) Infotech and Strategic Management

 

P.S- For Accounts,I refer Tulsian's Book..I do like it but do you have anything better to suggest? Also, for tax I have been using T.M.Manoharan's Book...although I have heard quite alot about V.K.Singhania

 

Thankyou all! :)

Have a lovely day ahead!

Replies (2)

For Accounts, Cost, F.M., Law-P.C. Tulsian. For tax-Girish Ahuja. For service tax,vat-May be taxmann. Ahuja is not enough for service, vat

Dude selection of book should be on the basis of understanding.

for Accounts - Saravana prasath.

Law - M.P. Vijay kumar

Tax - Manoharan (Singhania should be used only if u have previous knowledge in tax i.e U hav read it in college, if u have not read this subject before for new starter's Manoharan is the best)

For service tax Mohd Rafi is good

Cost - any book u understand their manner of answering the question, I used Saravana Prasath but i was unable to understand the way of answering then i didn't have time to shift the book so used Institute book, so i couldn't help on this Sorry.

Auditing - Tapan Jindal

Info - Saravana Prasath.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details