Interview with Big Four

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)

24 June 2011  

This is the query at facebook which one student has raised to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohit Jain

CA QUERY

Hi Surendra sir,

My name is Mohit pursuing CA from Bangalore and i had a few doubts actually. I could have asked you thro caclubindia but I thought it would be better if i interact through FB as you are active on FB as well

My friend recently attended an interview in one of the Big 4:) for Direct Taxation. He was asked these questions by the interviewer but his answers failed:/ to impress the interviewer and hence he was not selected.

I too want to apply in the BIg 4 for Articleship in Direct Taxation.

So i just wanted to know what could possibly be the best answers for the following questions so as the Interviewer is impressed.

The questions are:

1) How do you think the various sections/chapters of IT are inter-related or do you find some inter-relationship between the various 5 heads of incomes?

2) Any particular section/concept of the IT Act & Provisions that you appreciate?

(My friend said he appreciates concepts of TDS and Advance Tax so that govt does not lose out on the revenue and helps in preventing Tax evasion. Is he correct?)

3) Do you think Income Tax should be abolished in our country? If no, why?

4) Don't you think that the Indirect taxes paid (by consumers in form of VAT, excise duty etc when purchasing goods) are sufficient and paying of Income Tax by individuals only increase the burden of taxes on the individual?

5) Are you happy with current tax rates prevalent in India? Do you think it is more or less than the other countries? 

Awaiting your reply

Regards

Mohit