Easy Office

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 8

Sonu Sharma (19 Points)
Replied 03 February 2019

Looks like the rest 0.46% percent tax filers are under scrutiny.. i.e. the ones who have received this email...:( sad

jameer ali (8 Points)
Replied 04 February 2019

Hi all,

For the message sent by Income Tax department, I have chosen option#1. 

Did any one get the reply or acknowledgement? 
Your inputs highly valuable.

Best Regards

ravi prakash (private) (56 Points)
Replied 05 February 2019

all people who received this mail have to be cautious with their return, concerned jurisidiction AO may ask all investment proofs that you made to process refund. it is scrutiny process , already they processes most of the refunds and they tracked mismatched return filers and going further detailed inspection.if your income tax rerun is proved wrong, you are liable to pay hefty amounts

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com) (1465 Points)
Replied 05 February 2019

All those person who have selected first option( Filed return correct) may receive notice from jurisdictional assessing officer to submit proof claimed in ITR. many taxpayer have claimed home loan interest deduction of 2,00,000/- but actually the have not any home loan, some have claimed false deduction under section 80C/80E/80U/80G/80GG/80D/80DDB etc to claim substantial amount of refund out of tax deducted. However these claim not appearing in their form 16. Computer cross check form 16 data filed by company/employer and ITR filed by employee/taxpayer. Those who have selected option one still have option to file revised return and claim reasonable refund.

CA umesh kumar- 9717597230

Reena (Partner) (221 Points)
Replied 05 February 2019

I selected option 2. That was because the return was already marked as defective by the department in Feb 2018 and I had filed the revised return in Feb 2018. (It was for AY 2017-2018). About 20 minutes after submitting, I received an email asking to file a revised return and ignore if already filed. That was on 31 January. On 3rd Feb, I received SMS that my return has been processed. It also shows ITR processed when I log in. I haven'r received the refund yet.

Bimal Desai (44 Points)
Replied 06 February 2019

Check refund status at TIN NSDL. Alternatively apply online for 143(1)(a) intimation again so that you can know whether there is refund oe not.
1 Like

Replied 06 February 2019

this mail itself is clearly saying "Your Income Tax Return has been selected under risk management process", it is scrutiny process, even if you revise return also that goes under scrutiny, make changes in rational way, you are required to submit proofs. 99.54% returns already processed in jan 2nd week. remaining .46% people received this notice in jan 3rd week.

Xknight (Analyst) (46 Points)
Replied 07 February 2019

Why revise return should go under scrutiny in the first place ? If yes why the option was given to the tax payers. 

vinod awar (2 Points)
Replied 07 February 2019

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com) (1465 Points)
Replied 08 February 2019

Revised return where claim of refund has been reduced from that of original return should not come under scrutiny. I am not writing reason here. 

Sssss (Learner) (1845 Points)
Replied 08 February 2019

My return is still not processed, I have selected option 1, did anyone’s itr is processed after receiving the mail

Replied 08 February 2019

Kindly reply,it will be useful

deepak pesumalani (2 Points)
Replied 08 February 2019

@ sheena...  same for me. no update

Replied 08 February 2019

all,  99.54% returns are processed without scrutinization, remaining .46% fell under scrutinization, they may send 143 1(a) notices those who opted option 1.as they found some discrepency with return. 

https://help.myitreturn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001711831-All-about-notice-u-s-143-1-a-and-how-to-deal-with-it

Replied 09 February 2019

But still why are they taking too long to process it Either they have to process it or send the notice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: