Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

(Guest)

I did e-filing for AY 2018-19 (FY 2017-18), using ITR-1 form on Aug 3rd 2018 and also e-verified using aadhaar otp option

Today I received mail from IT department as follows

Dear Taxpayer,

It is seen that a claim of refund has been made in the Income Tax Return (Acknowledgement No. 981241960030818) for Assessment Year 2018-19 filed by you on 03-AUG-2018.

Your Income Tax Return has been selected under risk management process wherein your confirmation is required on the claim of refund. You are requested to submit your response in the e-Filing Portal post login by selecting either of the following options:

• The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief
  • Return of Income is being revised wherein, correct claim of refund shall be made

To submit the above mentioned response, please login to e-Filing portal, Go to Worklist->For Your Action-> Response for Refund Confirmation.

Please verify the claims made in your Return of Income filed and submit your response accordingly. In case of any incorrect claims, please revise your Income Tax Return (ITR) .

Please submit your response within 10 days of receipt of this e-mail.

Please ignore this mail, if you have already submitted your response.

Is there any issue? What should i do further

Total likes : 4 times

Software Engineer

Same with me. I also received the email and it states that 

Please submit your response within 10 days of receipt of this e-mail.

I ALSO RECEIVED THE SAME...IT HAS BEEN DONE SO THAT ONLY GENEUNE REFUND WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE ASSESSEE.

Total likes : 1 times

Hi

I got the same  notice today . I got it for  previous year return as well as this year original and revised returns. 

Could you please advice on how should we proceed?

"Your Income Tax Return has been selected under risk management process ". 

1. Should we take this as scrutiny of  Income tax return?

ive got it as well.....why have we received it at first place... is it to check if we claimed refund is genuine or is it that they feel that the claimed amount is over than actual... this is 1st time....so i am seeking advise.

I have also received the same message, what should we do now?

student

it is only check means they are closing the process you cant rectify the return after that

ACTUALLY THIS ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN TODAY BY THE GOVT,  BECAUSE IN 10 DAYS ALOT OF REFUND HAS BEEN LEAKED FROM THE DEPARTMENT, THEREFORE THROUGH THIS ACTION THEY INDIRECTLY TERRIFYING ASSESSEE.

I have also received the same, in response to my revised ITR return for the AY 2018-2109

engineer

I received the same too,what to do now?anyone here who got it last year,and what did they do?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU